“Authentic Cuban Food”
Review of Havana

Havana
Ranked #13 of 736 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We were in Florida for a family wedding and asked one of the guests who lives in West Palm Beach where to go for authentic Cuban food. She didn't even hesitate when she said, Havana. We found it without any problem and found a parking place with the help of their attendant. We were seated immediately even though the restaurant was busy. The waitress was very helpful with suggestions and answering all of our questions. The food came very quickly and was so good. We all got something different so that we could taste many things. My only regret is that I don't live close to the place as I would eat there all of the time.

1  Thank DCLady2

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Dined upstairs for dinner and it was divine. Went back for walk up window and not as great, but that should be expected. My husband didn't want to eat anywhere else the whole trip!

1  Thank Caitlinmahturcik
Reviewed October 24, 2011

It took us longer to order than for them to bring us our food. It was absolutely delicious! We each ordered a different special, and it was a bit more expensive, like $20 per plate, but the experience & ambiance were well worth the money. (Couldn't always understand our waitress, but that was definitely part of the charm.) Other staff very hospitible, friendly and happy that we were there. Fun night!! They also offered a take out of sorts - walk up to the window order some fried donuts or desserts & they handed them to you. Couple families were having a snack when we were leaving - standing on the sidewalk. Looked very yummy.

1  Thank Obielover
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I believe there is also an indoor dining area but I have never used it!! This has been a local favorite for YEARS. Everyone who lives here knows about Havana. They make authentic cuban food and, very popular, is the walk up window to order and receive food items. Located on the corner of Dixie and Forest Hill Blvd, the parking lot is often packed because it is so popular. I still can't pronounce the food items, so it's great when I have a Cuban friend along for the ride to make fun of my pronunciation!
yummy things to take away from the walk away window - great pastry items like empanadas (my fave) and more. I am usually surprised by what I pay, but I suppose it adds up (I buy single items, not meals) and stock up!

1  Thank TheWanderer305
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My Partner and I ate here for the first time last night because of all the great reviews. Overall it was OK,We waited a while between apps and entree. All the food we had tasted good but none of it was hot. The restaurant is nice, brightly lit, and clean. Service was good and friendly but won't be rushing back.