“First time in many years”

Stresa Italian Restaurant
Ranked #174 of 685 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was a regular place for us many years ago until we moved farther north. After we turned our car over to the valet we sat down and got some drinks. My bourbon on the rocks was a bit on the small size, but I am used to Country Club pours. Afterwards I had the house salad and the strip steak au louvre which was good. The best item of the evening was the Chocolate Gelato for dessert which was very good.

This place is not cheap, but still provides a pretty good meal.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great Italian food, served wee and the way you like it. Lots of old time waiters. Good selection of entres. If you don't see what you want, they will cook it for you. Most accomadating, plenty of parking.

1  Thank Hal E
Reviewed September 10, 2012

went their with a few friend the waitress should of been canned, what a disgrace.Asked for a request she said no we don't have it. I said well i always had that here. She said thats on the other menu I said who cares i will pay. If claude was their it would of been different. I hope they revamp their help.

1  Thank kjj150
Reviewed July 24, 2012

A group of us recently visited, the food was "okay" for an Italian restaurant, but clearly not up to the Carrabba's quality of food we were used too. However the service TANKED! The waiter threw the straws at us, reached over our plates several times. Myself and friend asked in advance for them not to put strawberries on our cheesecake, but when the dessert was delivered with strawberries on it, the waiter then told us, there was no more and nothing else he could do about it. I then asked him if he could remove it from our receipts. At that point he amazingly produced two "frozen slices" of cheese cake without strawberries. And wait, there is one more. I dropped my napkin and when I reached to retrieve it I saw the skeleton of a dead gecko. It's probably still there. This is my first review, sorry it was so negative, but the service was insultingly repulsive!!!

1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The service has always been good. The food has been inconsistent. We ordered fish entrees and they are just OK. The lunch experiences have been much better than dinner!

2  Thank es7109