“Good food, a solid choice and very consistent in service and quality. it is high in price points.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Okeechobee Steakhouse

Okeechobee Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Okeechobee Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Okeechobee Blvd. & Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

• Turkish first
New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2008

The steaks are unbelievable - and the salad bar quite generous and variable. Yes, it is expensive, but there are few restaurants where you can get such good steaks - perfectly cooked - crisp on the outside and melt in your mouth in the middle. We only tried one appetizer, the Escargots - also very good. The Key Lime Pie was outstanding.

1 Thank AlexanderCadogan
West Palm Beach
“Our favorite Saturday night meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2007

My husband and I are new to the West Palm Beach area. We were looking for a great steakhouse without the stuffy atmosphere and ran into the Okeechobee Steak House. It is now our Saturday night spot to go and we recommend it to anyone looking for an excellent steak. The filet is
our favorite and is cooked to perfection. Also noteworthy is the gorgonzola salad. One thing that could use some improvement, though, would be the salad bar. It is very small and your choices are limited.
The service is top notch (we recommend Christine) and has never been anything but the best. During the winter season when all the snowbirds
come down, it can be a bit of a wait but is well worth it. Just go to the bar, grab a drink, and enjoy!

2 Thank pclifton30739
Ridgeway, Virginia
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2007

We went on a Monday night on a business trip based on two recommendations and we were not disappointed (though the cap on meals will definitely apply). There was a short wait so we went to the bar which is rather densely packed with tables and booths. The bartender was a character (in a good way). I ordered a chablis and he suggested a chardonnay (sp?). Good call on his part. A co-worker ordered one kind of beer but he substituted a Yuengling (sp?). Chancy, but turned out well. When another bartender found out it was our first time there, she called a waiter over with their "meat tray". Each cut they have is proudly wrapped in celophane and neatly displayed on a large tray. He explained what each cut was and where it was on the cow and the pros and cons to each cut. He was even honest about the DelMonico's in that some people don't like the marbling. (I know from prior experience that I am one of those). According to one of the bartenders, they have their own supplier. I ended up getting the 8 oz filet mignon which is the smallest thing on the menu and, I think, the cheapest at around $34. It was very, very good. I did not opt on the gorgonzola topping but a colleague did and, though he liked it, I got the impression that he would have been just as happy without it. The ceasar salad is very good. The atmosphere is dim with brick walls and leather booths/ chairs. Very pretty and probably worth the price. I'm used to steak places having a western theme/feel/motif but this place could just as easily have been a nice Italian restaurant.

2 Thank Beth B
Augusta, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Filet Mignon melted in my mouth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2006

My relatives have lived in WPB for a long time, and I always make it a point to visit this great restaurant when I'm in town. The steaks melted in our mouths and the service from our waiter was spectacular. This place is a MUST for any big steak fan!

1 Thank jbryson