“All price, no value”

Okeechobee Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Okeechobee Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Okeechobee Blvd. & Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Made a mistake of listening to the concierge advice instead of checking TripAdvisor....
The prices are very high and the quality is average. My tuna steak was dry, despite me asking for a medium-rare. For these kind of prices they should really know their stuff. Would not recommend it.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

this was my first visit to the famous steakhouse. i had great expectations. the food was terribly overpriced for what we received, the wine was unbearable. the steak was bland and over cooked. i couldn't complain because my server never returned to check on us. very disappointing.

2  Thank l r
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had the prime rib (14oz for $33) and the filet (8oz for $34): good but not extraordinary, and way overpriced; and the $25 8oz. NY trip was only half an inch thick. A good steakhouse like Berns of Tampa knows to explain to customers that they use thick cuts that need to be split between two people. Sides, bread, salad, espresso, house wine, and desert choices were average at best. The garlic mashed potatoes were from dehydrated potatoes; did not have the flavor and consistency that you get from fresh potatoes. So, 3 stars for overall quality, could go 4 stars for the prime rib and the filet. Overall 2 stars because of price and physical plant. Service was OK.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Impeccable steaks superior service nice atmosphere! However salad bar is minimal. Has an early dining menu that is very reasonable.

1  Thank dannah62
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I went with my mother and a friend of mine for my birthday, I heard a lot great things about this restaurant, I was glad I went there, the food was great and discount on your birthday

1  Thank Angelica A