“STILL GREAT!!!”

Cuisines: American, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

For those of you following my brilliant :) culinary adventures, my honey and I decided to visit Rama V again, while our vehicle was serviced across the street.

This time (after contemplating donning a hardhat) I ordered the Sushi Bomb. It ended up being the tastiest food I ever ate at Rama V and one of the tastiest Sushi food ever. Equally as perfected was the presentation. Such brilliant imagination from the Chef. Almost too pretty to eat.

I finally had the opportunity to try that Thai Pumpkin Custard. As Ohm (my excellent waiter whom I got a charge out of his name) said after I told him it was good but I wouldn't order it again: " I guess it's not your dish."

Great food...great service and puns to complement the meals.

The cleanliness of a restaurant is generally measured by the restrooms. The john in Rama V vied with some five star restaurants that I have frequented in Palm Beach.

Stay long and stay strong - Rama V.

5  Thank Stan L

Reviewed April 23, 2013

It is extremely rare that one finds a true jewel hidden away in the most unlikely of places, but Rama V definitely fits that description. The restaurant décor is warm and inviting. The menu is extensive, reasonably priced, and appealing to a variety of palates. The presentation of the appetizers and entrées is generous and artistic. And the food is very fresh and full of flavor. As if these factors alone would set this restaurant apart from others, what really makes this place special is the friendly, attentive service of the entire staff, especially its owner who really made us feel welcome. We found this place purely by accident and now make it our main restaurant for Asian fare. Hopefully it will not stay hidden for long.

6  Thank Debbie G
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My honey and I have been exploring fine Sushi/Asian Fusion places from Boca to Donald Ross and we finally discovered an exceptional one - and ironically, it's almost in our back yard. Good things started to happen right after we were introduced by the Manager and the Sushi Chef.

We shared the Rama V sampler, the Rama V roll, the Avocado Salad and the Ikasansai (Octopus) - and everything was awesome; truly outstanding. The only sad thing was that there was no room in us for some of the interesting dessert items. Next time, I WILL try the Thai Pumpkin Custard - that a friend says is really out of this world.

The place is very clean; the indoor ambiance pleasing to the eye; the noise level is at a minimum and the table and seating very comfortable. If you prefer you can dine outside too (with Oldies music in the background) in a rustically simple setting.

I would be remiss if I hadn't mentioned our attentive and wonderful server who's name is GIFT; right, and she was and she is!

Rama V will become our key target whenever we have a "yen" :) for Asian.

6  Thank Stan L
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I too was made aware of Rama V by a groupon. I stopped in by myself on a Wed. nt, and I was the only one there, except for a few people ordering food to go. The food was really excellent, the surroundings were redone from the former Thai restaurant, and the furnishings are elegant. The service was friendly and accommodating. This week I brought 8 of my friends there for a birthday party, and the place had a nice crowd. Everyone said they would definitely go back!

5  Thank Pat B
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We decided to try this Thai-sushi restaurant primarily because one of our party had a Groupon coupon. We had never heard of Rama V which is located on the eastbound side of Okeechobee Blvd in a shopping development that is being renovated. Don't let the "mall" appearance deter you. Here is one of the best Thai - owned and operated establishments in Palm Beach County.

The service is excellent with the most cheerful servers I've experienced in this area. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. One of our party said that his Chirashi was the best he'd had (this from one who had traveled in Thailand).

Although this Rama V has only been open for a few months, it was obvious that it has already attracted "regulars". I know we'll be back and bring other friends along.

5  Thank Poet1955