“A carnival for the taste buds”

Bay Bay's Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #36 of 668 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
“A carnival for the taste buds”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Based on outside appearance alone I would have probably never given Bay Bay's Chicken & Waffles a try and I would have missed out on the most delicious fried chicken I've ever experienced. Luckily, I have many tasteful friends and acquaintences who recommended it to me. The inside of Bay Bay's is small, tacky, awkward, smokey, hot and loud (audibly and visually). There is plenty of outdoor seating to avoid this although some may prefer the indoor setting because it does provide intimacy and better service. The menu is solid altough somewhat confusing to a first-timer. I cannot speak for anything on the menu other than the Chicken & Waffles as that is all I've tried. The chicken and waffles are simply lip-smacking and the sides I've tried are all solid.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Luke B

Northern Virginia
“A Must”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the best fried chicken I have ever had, non greasy, freshly made and served with a smile. Israel, the owner, who is soon opening a second location, is a trained chef and his attention to detail shows. In addition to the chicken and waffles they offer subs, some pastas and salads. But stick to the chicken and waffles it's what they do best!!

Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST Fried Chicken. Should be on TV”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed in WPB for a weekend with my wife. She loves chicken & waffles so I did a quick google search to see if there were any places in the area that served this kind of food. Luckily I found what my wife and I consider to be the BEST friend chicken we've ever had. The place itself is very small, with maybe a total of about 15 tables or so for people to sit at. It also doesn't look like the fanciest or most visually appealing places to eat at. But if you're like me and love eating at the small hole in the wall places that locals consider the "best places to eat" in a specific area, then you'll love Bay Bay's. The staff is very friendly. Perhaps not the best trained in how to be a server, but they're still nice and friendly. They always ask if this is your 1st visit to Bay Bay's and bring you a chicken wing to sample if it is. The chicken itself has a spicy kick to it from the spices they use, but it's delicious and not overwhelmingly spicy. Besides, the sweet syrup from the waffles are a perfect counter balance to the spicy chicken. I don't know who makes the chicken, but this is one of those tiny, homestyle type places that you see regularly on TV shows like Food Paradise and Man Vs. Food. My wife and I both agreed Bay Bay's should be featured on at least one of those types of shows for having the best fried chicken we've ever had. We stayed in WPB for 2 days and ate there for lunch both days. And we just recently drove from Miami to eat there again for our 3rd time. All 3 times have been excellent. And as small as it is, we've never had to wait for a table since I guess it still hasn't reached that level of popularity that it deserves yet.

• Visited February 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A great surprise”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I did not know what to expect when a friend invited me to Bay Bay's. What a great experience! Our server, Alicia, made us feel at home immediately upon arrival. She asked if we had dined there before and when we said "no" she brought us out a sample of some great fried chicken. Alicia took our order and when I ordered something that takes longer to cook, she politely informed us that the order would take about 25 minutes based on the item that I ordered and then asked if that would be ok with us! Amazing service! I have dined in fine restaurants in which the servers were not so good at informing the guest of cooking times. The food was really good and the entire experience a very positive one! Several members of the staff interacted with our table. All were very friendly and polite. What a great experience to have an extremely casual dining restaurant in which the staff really treats the customers well! I will be back and recommend to others.

• Visited March 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Had To Try It”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The crispy coating made the meal! 2 large pieces of chicken and huge waffle made a big meal for around 8 bucks. The sweet and spicy were a perfect match. I will be back.