“BEST Fried Chicken. Should be on TV”

Bay Bay's Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #43 of 681 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed in WPB for a weekend with my wife. She loves chicken & waffles so I did a quick google search to see if there were any places in the area that served this kind of food. Luckily I found what my wife and I consider to be the BEST friend chicken we've ever had. The place itself is very small, with maybe a total of about 15 tables or so for people to sit at. It also doesn't look like the fanciest or most visually appealing places to eat at. But if you're like me and love eating at the small hole in the wall places that locals consider the "best places to eat" in a specific area, then you'll love Bay Bay's. The staff is very friendly. Perhaps not the best trained in how to be a server, but they're still nice and friendly. They always ask if this is your 1st visit to Bay Bay's and bring you a chicken wing to sample if it is. The chicken itself has a spicy kick to it from the spices they use, but it's delicious and not overwhelmingly spicy. Besides, the sweet syrup from the waffles are a perfect counter balance to the spicy chicken. I don't know who makes the chicken, but this is one of those tiny, homestyle type places that you see regularly on TV shows like Food Paradise and Man Vs. Food. My wife and I both agreed Bay Bay's should be featured on at least one of those types of shows for having the best fried chicken we've ever had. We stayed in WPB for 2 days and ate there for lunch both days. And we just recently drove from Miami to eat there again for our 3rd time. All 3 times have been excellent. And as small as it is, we've never had to wait for a table since I guess it still hasn't reached that level of popularity that it deserves yet.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I did not know what to expect when a friend invited me to Bay Bay's. What a great experience! Our server, Alicia, made us feel at home immediately upon arrival. She asked if we had dined there before and when we said "no" she brought us out a sample of some great fried chicken. Alicia took our order and when I ordered something that takes longer to cook, she politely informed us that the order would take about 25 minutes based on the item that I ordered and then asked if that would be ok with us! Amazing service! I have dined in fine restaurants in which the servers were not so good at informing the guest of cooking times. The food was really good and the entire experience a very positive one! Several members of the staff interacted with our table. All were very friendly and polite. What a great experience to have an extremely casual dining restaurant in which the staff really treats the customers well! I will be back and recommend to others.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The crispy coating made the meal! 2 large pieces of chicken and huge waffle made a big meal for around 8 bucks. The sweet and spicy were a perfect match. I will be back.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Surprise surprise hand breaded, beautifully flavored, large pieces, friendly staff, great opening hours, reasonably priced, cooked fresh fried chicken !! Need I say more ?
If you haven't tried this neighborhood jewel you've really missed something.
Hurry while you can still get in.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Recently heard about BayBays through a review in the local newspaper. My wife and I love good fried chicken and fresh fluffy waffles ---but have never considered having them together in one meal! So this was going to be a new experience. The restaurant itself is a small "Mom and Pop"--operation-.seating 20 or so people inside--- but stays pretty busy because of the steady takeout crowd.
I knew we were in for a great time when the second we came through the doors we were greeted with a booming "WELCOME to BAYBAYS !! " from the 2 cooks manning the grills. The wait staff was very friendly and upbeat. The fried chicken was excellant --- especially if you like juicy chicken with just a little bite to it!!. As the name implies every chicken meal comes with an order of waffles ---- you have to choose among 6 or 7 different types--- you can't go wrong with any selection!! There are fish and shrimp meals on the menu ---- but without a doubt the chicken and waffles combos are what draw the majority of diners. I am already looking forward to my next meal there---- I am told the chicken with peanut butter and jelly waffle is the BOMB!!

3  Thank GaryG33418