“Surprised”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The rest of the family wanted to give it a try and I agreed it looked like a fun place. Much to my surprise the food was great as well as the service.

There are newer reviews for Mellow Mushroom

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I walked over to Mellow Mushroom at 5:30 Sunday May 4th from SunFest - we decided rather than spend a fortune at the festival on crappy food and $9 beers, we would go over, relax, enjoy a couple of pizzas and beers, and take a load off. We walked through the outside dining area to the hostess stand, and we were happy to see that although SunFest was under way, the restaurant wasn't busy (approximately 75% empty, and only one seated table on the patio). The hostess informed us that there would be a 45 minute wait for a table. When I inquired how there could be a 45 minute wait for an empty restaurant, the hostess, all of about 17 years old, complained that she was all alone and showed me a list with approximately 10 names on it waiting to be seated. I asked to speak to the manager, as I was sure there was some misunderstanding. A young gentleman approached us with an annoyed attitude and told us that's the wait time, take it or leave it. We left. Adjacent to Mellow Mushroom is BurgerFi, a burger joint that was able to accomodate us immediately, and had two-for-one drafts as well.

I have eaten at Mellow Mushrooms in Asheville, Greenville, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, and anyplace else I travel that I see one, but I am hestitant to keep giving my business to a company that has outgrown its friendly roots.

This location is either an anomaly, or the philosophy and management of the company has deteriorated. How can a 17 year-old hostess drive so many customers away (we wern't the only ones) and how can the management be so dismissive to paying customers and so incompetent to understaff a restauarnt so close to a festival attended by over 50,000 people?

Reviewed May 1, 2014

apart from the waiter forgot to order my daughters pizza so we were all eating ours while she was waiting for hers to be cooked. to be fair the waiter was very apologetic and did offer for her to have a free pudding but she had gone past the hunger point so didnt want one. overall really nice place though and would definitely go back as the decor was really funky.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We showed up at 4:45 Sunday 4/06/2014 and asked for a table for 6. the restaurant only had about 25 people in the whole place, we were told that we would have to wait for a table as all of our party was not present, I did point out that there were more than 20 tables not occupied and that our 4 others would be here in less than 10 minutes. I made this complaint online and received a call from "the manager" who made me feel as if I was at fault and that was there policy.

POOR MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank jerryColeman
Reviewed March 18, 2014

There are not too many 'family-friendly' restaurants in this area of Florida. We went to a few restaurants on Atlantic Ave in Delray and none of them were kid-friendly. None of them! One of the restaurants didn't even have a kid's menu! This is a perfect, perfect restaurant for families and kids. It's very reasonably priced and the pizzas are great! There's a ton of choices and they also have large hoagies. The atmosphere is great, again especially for kids, and it's a nice break from the classy, expensive restaurants in the area.