“Outstanding food, excellent service!”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #52 of 694 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had never heard of Mellow Mushroom until we found our local vegan restaurant had stopped opening for lunch (Darbster, South Dixie Hwy, West Palm Beach). A quick check on Trip Advisor for vegetarian - vegan fare brought us here.

We went off hours, after 1 pm on a Wednesday, so parking on Rosemary and a quick table were a delight, judging from some other reviews.

Jessica was our waitress - yes, they dress a little "far out" but that is part of the fun of the place. We didn't see anyone "dirty" or as described in other reviews. All the help was clean, pleasant and competent. So who cares about the tattoos and nose rings? It's 2013 after all!

We had the signature mushroom soup, the muffaletta appetizer on flat bread, and for entrees the White Pizza and the Portobella Reuben.

ALL were outstanding! The soup was really, really good, and both entrees were very tasty and made to order from all fresh ingredients.

Jessica did tell us that their "Lunch Special" menu was a time and money saver, BUT all the items were prepared in advance and not quite as fresh. I wanted the food the best possible, and wasn't concerned about time or saving a buck or two. Keep this in mind ref their "lunch special" menu.

Overall, I describe the restaurant, location, food, decor and help as EXCELLENT, especially for a vegetarian meal, and plan to be back by many times!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I like the Mellow Mushroom much better in Del Ray Beach. the staff is more attuned to the needs of the customers. we waited 30 minutes for a table which was OK since it was Saturday evening... ( there were empty tables all over the restaurant.) our waitress was pleasant but neglected to inform us that it take at least 30 minutes for a "calzone",it took over 55 minutes for our dinner to arrive and we still had to wait for the calzone.. my hummas and veggie dish was unappetizing and was informed that if i wanted a pita it would cost me an additional $2.00 my husband has a saying: " they can only get you once" he was right with this one..

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Believe it or not, I like this one better than the Delray location. It's bright and whimsical and fun. And the food is fantastic. Pizzas, calzones, salads ... can't go wrong with any of the menu choices. And the playful beer selection is beyond compare. Fun, fun, fun!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Mellow Mushroom way to mellow for me! Since when is it acceptable for restaurant workers to wear whatever to serve food? I have never been in a place with a waitstaff that was as dirty looking and as this one was. I asked the server if they had a particular beer, she looked at me and said that she did not know, off she went to find out. Comes back and no they do not have it. But now she comes back with a rather extensive list of available beers. I order another beer off of the list, off she goes again, comes back ten minutes later and they are out of my second selection. We ordered pretzels as an appetizer 20 minutes later they appeared minus the salt, but they were good. Our server was most unattentive and had no personality at all. They have an open kitchen and after what I saw they should close it. A server caughed into his hand and then picked up food and brought it to a table. Another server while walking into the kitchen screamed out "WTF" at the top of her lungs. Another server took a half court shot from the side of our table into the kitchen with a ball of garbage. The pizza we oredered "red skin potato", came with a couple of slices of uncooked (crunchy) potato's. It was OK but the crunch was a suprise to me. They were cleaning in the kitchen while food was being prepared and being set out amongst the cleaning. The person cleaning was using the filthiest rag I have ever seen. Judging by the lack of patrons maybe others had the same impression of the Mellow Mushroom as I did.

1  Thank stewwwie1
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Just had an amazing night out with friends at the mellow mushrom! We were a high maintenance party of 10 and Madison took such great care of us! She made sure our orders were paced and prepared according to our preferences, and even offered suggestions to help us avoid trouble with our kids' orders. We ordered our wings "naked" with sauces on the side in case it was too spicy for the children. Pizza was delish and service/atmosphere was delightful! special thanks to Madison for her amazing service and helpful assistance.