“The third strike”

Hullabaloo
Ranked #38 of 685 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Imagine walking into a small, dark space that evokes a New York City loft. It's simple, clean and dark, illuminated only by candles and low lighting. Huge red-and-black leather booths span one wall, with reproductions of 1940s-era Eames chairs scattered about. Dead rock stars such as Freddy Mercury and Jim Morrison stare eerily from framed black-and-white photos. The sound of '30s and '40s jazz fills the air, while the smell of Italian-influenced gastropub food crafted in a wood-burning oven wafts throughout the room. Patrons sip craft beer, wine, coffee and unique cocktails. This is Hullabaloo. We are a local hot-spot Gastropub with a large selection of craft beer, cocktails, wine and delicious food! Come say hello!
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Let me start by saying I am a Fritz Cassel fan. There have been times in the past when we’d be flying down to WPB...while on the plane I’d be dreaming about my dinner at Gratify. I’ve been to Hullaballoo four times. The first with my daughter. We did only small plates-none were good enough for us to stay for dinner. The next visit was with my husband. Pretty much the same experience with dinner-size entrees. The Fettuccini Carbonara tasted like it was in a watery butter sauce. BUT Fritz wasn’t there that Sunday night, so I gave them a pass. I went this past Thursday with my sister & had an awesome meal. Everything was delicious, the ½ price drinks added to the fun, the bartender (wish I remembered her name) was great. So, I decided to go back. My mistake. I ordered the seared sea scallops in a tomato & corn risotto. I thought when it was brought out that maybe I was misunderstood & I got the appetizer size instead. Unfortunately not. For $24 I got 3 scallops on top of 12 pieces of risotto mixed with 6 kernels of rice!!! Really?? Would YOU be satisfied with that? I paid my bill & was glad to see that Panera Bread was still open. Without the brownie I bought there my stomach would be growling all night long due to hunger. There's nothing worse than feeling ripped off. You know what they say about three strikes…

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were planning to go to "Long Boards" the restaurant next door and both are the same owner. Hadn't been to Long Boards for awhile because of the spotty service and when waiting for our friends to arrived noticed that Hullabaloo had opened. Always looking to try new restaurants convinced the group to the give it a try. The food was very good. I had the marrow bone appetizer and it was perfect, not the kind of item you normally see in a restaurant. If you have never tried it, do. My Wife had the fried green tomatoes with pork belly. The belly was great and fried tomatoes ok. We both had the special of the day venison osso boco, this was very good but both of it was a little salty but we normally don't use that much salt. The cocktails were good and inventive. Nice chocolate desert, kind of a mouse combined with a torte. Free valet parking. I'm excited because the service was great and food inventive. Looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank GoldCoastFlyer
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stopped in to this new, hip restaurant for happy hour. Everything was half price, including the specialty drinks, which were wonderful. The bar snacks were a standout, and unique, brussel sprout chips with a soy dipping sauce, flash fried garbanzos and fire roasted rosemary almonds.
The fried green tomato and pork belly salad was decent. Staff was very friendly and efficient. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went and sat at the bar because tables were full. The bartenders were exceptional with the service on a Tuesday night and a full restaurant. Some of the dishes look a little pricier than expected to the portion size. The craft beer selection was good but not the best. The house cocktails were good but to much ice compared to the price of $12 for a drink you get 3 or 4 sips out of. I will be a regular there and with it only being open a month I know it will only get better. It can be that place for a romantic dinner or that place to go meet friends! Well done hullabaloo well done

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We are locals and ate here on a Friday night with 3 other couples all of whom are working professionals like us. Food is average, nothing special for the area. Our server got the job done, but was not overly friendly or helpful. The atmosphere is the best part of the restaurant, kind of an eclectic spot. I'm just sorry that we were all foolish enough to spend $9 on Belgian beer. Should've saved those for world of beer down the street.