“Great service, good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pampas Grille - CLOSED

Pampas Grille
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, Barbecue, South American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Pampas Brazilian Grille "The True taste of Brazil," Dine at your own pace. Eat as much as you like. Sizzling skewers brought to your table in a seemingly endless parade of food. Sit back, relax and enjoy the "Ultimate Dining Experience" at Pampas Brazilian Grille. Mountains of garden fresh produce and salads together with the finest spit roasted meats available; all to your hearts content.
Ottawa, Canada
“Great service, good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The meal was very good - lots of great options at the salad bar - meat was great - service was exceptional - lots of servers and everyone was very friendly.

• Visited November 2013

PSL
“Good restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I didn't know what to expect of this restaurant after having read so many mixed reviews. First of all, I took advantage of a Groupon coupon that was a great deal, $57 for 2 "Surf & Turf" dinners for 2 with a bottle of wine and a dessert to share. We went on Saturday 10/26 and the service was great, it just couldn't possibly had been any better. The food was ok. For a reason unknown to me, they kept on bringing the meat as rare to medium rare when everybody knows that that's not the term mostly everybody prefers. Perhaps it was a "clever" thing to do to keep customers away from it. We requested a more cooked meat and it took a while for them to bring us some to our table and it was burnt. All in all, and based on what we paid it was a semi good deal. Would we go back? Not really. I would prefer to pay more and head over to Texas de Brazil. They have many more cuts of tasty meat there and there hasn't been a single instance of a gaucho bringing raw meat to our table.

• Visited October 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Don't do it!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a Brazilian Style steakhouse where servers walk around cutting off different types of meat on skewers. There is a cold bar for salads, veggies etc. Food: 1 star due to the ribs ( otherwise 0 ). Service: 4 due to a great waiter. We lied when we said we liked the food so he had no idea we almost threw it up. He was not the one picking up the plates. The other servers that did should of noticed that there was so much meat left on the plate. Out of the 12 or so options, the only one that one good was the beef ribs. Everything else was either overcooked, undercooked, bland, low quality, downright disgusting or chewy ( like the Filet of all things ). We had the Groupon deal that was not worth it since the food was horrible. They even overcooked mussels which makes them chewy and grainy. Fish was overcooked. Shrimp was ok. There are to many other places in town that are better an have higher quality food for less. The price without the groupon would of been a crime.

1 Thank Taylor200
Jupiter, Florida, United States
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I saw a groupon for a really teriffic deal at the Pampas Grille and thought I would take a friend to dinner there. I first read the reviews and they were a mixed bag. Some panned the service, some panned the food and some panned both. Others, however, thought everything was fine. The deal was too good to pass up, so I decided to give it a shot. My friend and I were both happy I did. The service could not have been better. Staff was always coming around and asking if every thing was ok and if we needed anything. The men who brought around the meats on the swords were extremely courteous and helpful. My friend liked her meat cooked medium well and the meat here is usually served medium rare, but the servers would take hers back and cook it a little longer for her. We had the salad bar first, which was excellent but a mistake, because we did not have room left to sample all the meats and seafood. The meats and seafood we did try were all delicious. The complimentary bottle of wine included with the meal was fine as well. (We selected the merlot as my friend does not like a dry cabernet). The best part of the experience, however, was the service and we decided before we had finished dinner that we were coming back and bringing other friends with us.

Florida
“Just shy of average. Service definitely lacks.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Decided to try them out due to a groupon deal that I purchased for surf n turf for two with a bottle of wine and shared desert. I would have gave them a higher score if it was not for the lack of service. First, although the waiter was nice he was far from attentive. After being seated we waited over ten minutes for the waiter to come by and even acknowledge our presence. Mind you it was a Sunday evening and the place was not busy at all. The waiter took our drink order and explained to us how they operate. You are welcome to help yourself to the salad bar which is unlimited and that the meat comes around and will be served on skewers. They are to provide a card that you flip to green meaning you are still interested in eating or red so they know you no longer want anythign else. This would have been nice if they actually adhered to this. First off, we didnt get the card for over 35 minutes despite the waiter coming to our table multiple times to drop off the wine and beverages. The wine was to be provided in a bucket of ice however the ice was not delivered until the bottle was nearly empty. The servers skipped us several times as we did not have a card yet. Additionally, despite the waiter asking us how we like our meat prepared (as they cook all meat medium rare) unless you request otherwise and advising him we like our meat cooked medium this was never done as most of the meat was bloody. Not all of the meat that was mentioned on the menu as to be included was actually served. Additionally after coming around one complete cycle, the servers stopped coming to our table and would skip over us despite having the card flipped to green to inform them food was still wanted. The waiter never came by to check on us or see if we needed refills or see how everything was. I had to flag him over to put in a request. We had to remind the waiter we were supposed to get a desert also. When the check came they charged a service fee of 20% despite the fact it was only two of us and the lack of "service". I still would have tipped although in this case it would have been more like 15% tops as the service seriously lacked! When we left i observed several staff members standing outside talking which likely explains the lack of service. Not sure I would come here again as it was pricey with below mediocre service. On the positve note, the restaraunt was clean and the meat that did make its way around was for the most part good. The servers were also friendly and more attentive than the actual wait staff. The shrimp is not grilled as the reader below noted they are more like salad shrimp cooked in butter. Glad, I got the meal half off as it was no way worth the actual price in fact I would even say it was worth the $56 for five pieces of meat and couple of shrimp I ate.

• Visited October 2013