“Great Fish...Great Deal”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lake Park, Florida, United States
“Great Fish...Great Deal”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The food was great...loved the fish fingers. Have been back 2 times since then. The upstairs is less crowded and a great view of downtown area. Went there for dinner before attending the Curillo Theatre.

Visited February 2013

wpbeach
“"Okay" on the first try..excellent on the 2nd!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We randomly tried this place shortly after it opened, and while it was an "okay" experience, it DID seem that they were still working out the kinks, and the staff seemed unsure about what to do and when. Having myself owned and operated 2 restaurants in South Florida, i know that the staff is as good as its management. That being said, our orders were somewhat messed up, and food did not come out at the same time. That, and the plastic dinnerware, left us with an underwhelmed response, though the food was what I would describe as acceptable. having just recently decided to give it another chance, I am glad we did. We were immediately greeted by a lovely, charming, attentive, and informative young lady (Eva?) who proceeded to tell us about their nightly specials, which is exactly what we chose. We both had the crispy cod tacos, waffle fries, homemade onion rings, and ther slaw. The fish was light and delicious, served in soft tacos with their own sauce and a few other garnishes, the vinegar based slaw was delicious and light, and I liked it even better than my somewhat renowned mayonnaise/poppy seed/pineapple based slaw. The onion rings are prepared and cooked to order, and they were very good. I rarely eat fried food, so when i do, i do not want this lapse into an arguably "unhealthy" menu choice to be in vain, and this experience delivered. What was also GREAT, was two people going out to dinner and having delicious food for two for $17.00 TOTAL! The food was served in a faux "London Times" type paper lined basket, which was totally acceptable. The aforementioned lovely young lady checked on our table twice, as well as introducing the owner, who also inquired about our experience. I also want to note that, being a nosey former restauranteur..lol..I was always aware what was going on in the restaurant, and was impressed by a very clean and efficient cook and a very nice young lady upstairs also, who directed me to the bathrooms with a smile and attentiveness. One of the hardest things to maintain in the restaurant biz is consistency, so I really hope the owner keeps a watchful eye to assure that he continues to deliver a quality product at a reasonable price. Keep up the good work guys!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank franklymrspankly
Palm Beach Gradens
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had heard that this was a great place to have a casual sea food dinner ( order at the counter and it comes to your table) we gave it a try .. what a great surprise . the food was exceptional .. my wife had the salmon I had the fish tacos. Great selection of beers. The location is great , right across from the park and within a block of the water front. Live music upstairs at 8;00. Parking is a bit of a challenge but don’t let it discourages you. Great service. Kid friendly

• Visited September 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Mediocre and overpriced”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Extremely unimpressed by this restaurant and it's service. Service was slow and unorganized (I watched a couple come in and upon seeing all the tables full asked a server what to do since there's no hostess. The server literally said "I don't know, this has never happened.") My salad was nothing more than bagged Romaine lettuce. Our bill was wrong and we questioned it twice; our server was convinced it was right so we left. We over payed for bagged salad and a fried fish platter you'd find at a sports bar. There are so many great seafood restaurants in WPB, this one isn't worth the trouble.

• Visited September 2013
West Palm Beach
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a simple restaurant in terms of service (paper plates, plastic silverware) but the food and ambiance are very good.
On the first floor they are often playing live music in different genres.
They have a good selection of draft beers and the waiters are always very courteous.
Location is good, at the end of Clematis, close to intracoastal.
Great for families too.