“Not your regular Thai restaurant”
Review of Palm Sugar

Palm Sugar
Reserve with OpenTable
Palm Sugar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 681 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N Dixie Hwy
Description: This concept started from our creator's passion for food, and a vision to add innovative, exotic, and genuine flavors of Southeast Asian to our dining experiences. We focus on quality ingredients freshly prepared, and warm customer services.
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch at this nice place on Clematis. Nice atmosphere, the food is based on traditional Thai food w a bit of a twist. There is a bar area and a dessert and coffee area to the left. We started with the fish tacos (2 servings) which was a small soft taco Thai style with a piece of fried fish. I thought the taco was just okay but my husband really liked it. My husband then had the Street Food Special: 1/2 grilled lemon grass chicken, side papaya salad and sticky rice. The chicken was perfect and could be shared by two. I had the Pho beef noodle beef brisket soup. I know that this is a Vietnamese dish but had to try it. This was very similar to a traditional Thai soup but, with Pho noodles with a nice mix of herbs and a meatball in addition to the brisket. The broth was good with a nice garlic taste. The brisket was well cooked before it went in the soup so, I will get this again with the brisket on the side (to add myself) and less well done. Our waiter was very attentive and many of the staff Thai. Unfortunately the desserts in the case were not Thai desserts. I was told that this restaurant is owned by the same people who own Kabuki down the street. We will come again.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My son and I were visiting W Palm Beach and found this restaurant by chance. It was a wonderful food experience for both of us. The entire staff and the owner were pleased to serve us and very attentive without being overbearing. The street dishes were outstanding and very affordable. The main dishes were excellent as well. We ordered the cupcakes to go but were disappointed in them. The flavor was great but they were dry and not as fresh as they should have been.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is restaurant has the best Thai food I have ever had. They have great normal dishes and a special street dish menu that are all fantastic. The service is excellent as well. They also have other Asian inspired dishes that will make you want to come back. We have been here for lunch, brunch, and dinner and have always been very impressed.

To satisfy your sweet tooth, make sure to try one of their gourmet cupcakes for desert.

1  Thank UFSigEp
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Cool atmosphere, Cool menu, food simply average ! There are several Thai restaurants in town with better food, especially for the money. If you are looking for a nice atmosphere and not concerned about the taste of your food, this is the place for you.

1  Thank Dan R
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is one of my new favorite restaurants! The food was great (I highly recommend the shrimp wonton soup), the staff was the best I've had in years. You will find the nicest people working at Palm Sugar, and they will be sure to make you're meal a great one!

1  Thank artlover1412