“Food is always good”

City Diner
Ranked #54 of 661 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Listed both on Urban Spoon and Yelp.
Florida
“Food is always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Sometimes it's crowded and it's small, but food always good. It's down-home as a diner should be. Open morning, noon and night and there is a breakfast special Monday to Friday morning.

Visited February 2014

West Palm Beach, Florida
“A locals point of view”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was debating about this review but since it has happened on more than 1 occasion to me and friends of mine I feel compelled to tell you about their stupid rules. First let me say the working staff there are great, friendly and professional, the owners, not so much. The owners have this rule,"if you are a single patron you are forced to sit at the counter." PERIOD ! I just got back from walking in at 9 am with the place half empty and was told I could NOT have a table or booth. Now if there was a line out the door with parties of 3-4 I can see that, but to tell a customer that you cant sit anywhere but the counter (which is cramped to begin with) with a 3/4 empty dining area is a lousy business model. So I left, they didn't seemed shocked as I know of others who have done this. Its a real shame that those of us who live in the neighborhood who can ride or walk here often are not welcome as single patrons. And the food is just ok, nothing special just ok but close.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BrittD
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Small 60's style eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Lots of pie, sandwiches good but not great, soups good. Nothing special, but comfortable.Memorabilia on the walls, and Clark Kent in the phone booth outside.

• Visited February 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fun Diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

After visiting a nearby museum, I discovered this place on the TA mobile app. The food was typical diner fare and the décor was really cool with lots of genuine cultural artifacts from the 1950s & 60s. The negatives were: unfriendly & inattentive waitresses; and the tight squeeze in the parking lot. Nonetheless, I'm glad I stopped in and I think it's definitely worth a visit if you happen to be in the area.

• Visited January 2014
Tavernier, Florida
“I'm back in Jersey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

What a wonderful find. We stopped by this small "Jersey Diner" on Route 1. I was stepping back in time. It was a basic menu, but oh so good. Fresh ingredients cooked just right. The best grits I have ever had. Fresh eggs that were golden not yellow. Fun and friendly staff. Next time we are in town, we are going for lunch. Great food, fun and nostalgic.

• Visited December 2013