“Fun for the whole family”
Review of Rapids Water Park

Rapids Water Park
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Not a great value @$40pp weekday. There are 2 for 1 coupons given on 1st visit to use on future visits. After 4:00 its half price. Long lines should be expected. Get there when they first open & go to the back of the park, you can go on rides multiple times with no wait. Clean park, something for everyone

1  Thank peeweewhisper

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent the day and had a great time. Go early during the week if possible and beat the crowds. All the employees were helpful and the lifeguards were attentive. I thought the price was fair for the quality of the facility...except the $10.00 parking fee. You would think that a $38.00 admission fee per person would cover the parking...oh well! All in all, had a great time.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband, two teenage sons and I had a fun time spending the day at Rapids Water Park. There is not much to do in the area, so this is one of the highlights. Beware to those with glasses though......they will make you hold them on the rids, even if you have a strap securing them to your head. Tip......put your cooler with lunch and drinks on the picnic tables just outside the park. This will save you a lot of money, as the food is expensive and typical park food.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have waited years to go to this park and my husband and I were excited to go today. The first hour was great (other than the fact that in addition to the $80+ charge to get in, we paid $10 to park and $10 for a locker), but then the rides shut down for 3 hours due to some alleged lightning. No employees had any info during that time (should I wait around or do you expect this to last all day?) and there are no refunds or rainchecks. There is literally nothing else to do at the park than eat overpriced concessions when the rides are closed. It was just a park full of people sitting around. Two guys next to me paid 5 minutes before they shut down the rides and didn't get to go on anything. I don't expect a full refund, but to charge $100 (with parking and locker) for 2 people and then make my only option sit around and wait and hope that the radar info changes is crazy. Also, there are no signs up at the park with the lightning policy -- I checked for rain conditions about 6 times before I went. It was never raining during the closure so I could not have anticipated the closure. Very disappointed.

2  Thank andrea b
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we went, during the last week of June 2013, the admission price was $38. It is $42 on the weekend. It had a great deal of slides for every age group and a few great sections for very young children, but the admission was the same for everyone, no matter how young. We all had a great time there and this is our second visit. We visited before two years ago.

1  Thank Duane S