“Great fun”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited assuming outside of the big parks in Orlando it would be more suitable for children but were pleasantly surprised to find it had lots of adult rides.
Arrived at 10am (opening time) so were able to go on rides without queueing until about midday which was great.
Had some lunch, plenty of seating and as the park was quiet no queue again. Usual chips and burgers on the menu.
Was surprised that there wasn't opportunities to buy photos of you on the rides, that was a shame.
What was good was the park wasn't huge so you didn't need to walk miles between rides and the lockers were rarely far from you to go back to top up on sun screen.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank fulltimeholidayer

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dont go!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I went for my sons 9th birthday, the next day I had a fever and was very sick then I developed a sore throat which led to strep throat. My husband also got sick. I don't know if they're not cleaning the pools right, but I will not be going back. This place got us sick. I say save your money and head to Orlando it's much more funner!!!

3 Thank krissy429
Clifton, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Fun Day in the Sun”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I spent a sunny March day at Rapids Water Park with my husband, son and his girlfriend during Spring Break. We rented a locker when we arrived to store our things for $14 and we got $2 back when we turned in the key. There was a smaller locker, but this one held our towels, bags, shoes, etc. The park was nearly empty and we got a chance to ride all the rides. The park was clean and well staffed. They have a wide variety of rides. The lazy river had lots of inner tubes available and had some waterfalls and was a slow ride around the park. You were able to exit at many spots throughout the park.

They also had a wave pool which was very fun. My husband and son were able to body surf and the guards were very attentive. They stopped the water to drag a young child out that was having trouble swimming. One of the guards saw it and whistled and the waves stopped and he jumped in and got the child to his Mom who wasn’t even in the water. I was impressed at the attention they paid to the all the patrons in the water.

There is a wide variety of water slides. There are body slides and tubes slide. There are individual slide, slides for pairs and family slides. The park has funnel slides which were really fun. There were virtually no lines when we there so we were able to get on every ride multiple times. The staff was very pleasant and very attentive. The facilities were clean and were were able to change in to clean clothes before getting in the car to return to our condo. All in all it was a fun day. I’m not sure how it would be with long lines, but on a sunny day with no lines it was fun and they gave us 2 for 1 coupons to return another day before the end of June. Unfortunately, we had to head back to NJ.

3 Thank Dem920
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Child almost drowned while lifeguards look on”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were by the wave pool and a mother started frantically shouting that she could no longer see her son. All the visitors nearby stood up and a crowd formed by the edge. We were waving to lifeguards to signal that a child was in trouble. A nearby swimmer realised what was going on and managed to get to him and lifted the child out of the water. He was limp and lifeless. The mother was frantic and swam out to get to him. You may be wondering where the lifeguards were in all of this? Four lifeguards on duty, none of them did anything. Disgusting. At no point did they get into the pool or assist. The manager came to speak to the mother whe she reached the edge and checked the boy, who was then taken away for first aid. Luckily he survived - no thanks to the staff. When people remonstrated with the manager he did not want to engage at all. I found him later and asked why the lifeguards didn't jump in and his response was "we are getting to the bottom of it." I guess they are asking the staff, but that's hardly a reassuring answer. What can I say? It was a cold afternoon and they probably didn't fancy getting wet. Terrible, upsetting experience for everyone. Never visit this place.

Visited April 2013
7 Thank noonienoo
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Exhilarating!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Such a fun water park! There are 30 acres in the park. Slides for the timid and the daring . My daughter and I are more timid and we loved Big Red, Riptide Raftin and Rapids Racer, where you can race against other people. My three boys, including my husband, are daring. they went on ever scary ride and had a blast! They especially liked Big Thunder and Black Thunder. So much fun! They have a wave pool that makes waves every 7 minutes. The water is NOT heated, so go on a warm day or you'll be freezing. My kids talked about their experience for days after we went. We can't wait to go back next year! There are lockers to store your towels and valuables for a fee. You have to pay a $2 deposit fee for your locker key but you get that back when you leave. For a family of 5 or more, I recommend the large locker. The entry fee is $39. That's for as many hours as the park is open. Sounds like a lot, but its worth it! If you can help it, don't go in the summer. The staff said the lines are super long and there are tons of people. We went the third week in March. There were no lines and hardly any people. We got two tasty funnel cakes in the park right before leaving. We took the turnpike to get there from Boca Raton. Stay off 95-too much traffic and Military Trail-too many lights. Their website shows all the slides in great detail. Check it out at, www.rapidswaterpark.com Have fun!

1 Thank micassileo