“rapids is amazing”

Rapids Water Park
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went to rapids water park and I was amazed after I went on all the rides rapids water park is the best, and I think everyone should go there for real fun under the sun.

2  Thank Matt G
in 73 reviews
"cabana"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Best experience of 2012 with 6 year old, .loved it. Go when the doors open to avoid lines, after 12:00 it gets busy and hot (August). Rides are great and enough to do to relax or go on rides again and again. food is simple, picnic areas looked like a good idea.

3  Thank Sydney B
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Rapid's is a pretty good place to go, you just have to know what you're getting into before you pack up the family. Make sure you go on a day that there is absolutely no chance of rain, because the park closes down and there are no refunds. The buy one get one free deal that they usually run in the summers is a litle misleading, it's buy one get one free on your NEXT visit, so as long as you know that it's a good deal. Don't pay the rediculous fee for parking, we parked a block away in a shopping center, and our car was fine. The rides are actually really top knotch, and the lines are not long if you go during the week. Be prepared for some walking, you have to climb stairs over a road to get to each half of the park, which gets a little old.

6  Thank A C
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a great time. The rides are all fun. But....

The prices are crazy. Going during the week vs. the weekend you can find some better deals and going early in the season we got some 2-for-1 tickets good for the rest of the year, so it works out to not too bad.

The lines are long. We got lucky because the day we went, the storm clouds were coming and going. A few different times, they'd make everyone leave the lines and then 30-60 minutes later, they'd open them back up. The first time, we took the opportunity to eat lunch. We finished just as they were opening the lines back up, so we go right on. We learned that you can stay nearish to the start of the line and be right near the front of it when they open back up. I can't imagine being there on a clear, hot summer day when it's even more crowded and having to wait in every line every time.

I also think their no refund policy for rain-outs is robbery. It seems they like to sell a bunch of tickets for about 30 minutes right at opening time and then close the park for the rest of the day.

You can get a small locker for valuables and just leave your lunch sitting on one of the picnic tables in a cooler. Most everyone does this and the honor system seems to work well.

The surrounding neighborhood isn't opulent, but I didn't feel unsafe or that it was dirty or anything like that. The park was not at all dirty.

6  Thank JiCiT