South Florida Science Center and Aquarium
More attraction details
Owner description: The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium (former South Florida Science Museum) provides curious minds of all ages with an entertaining and educational journey through science and technology. The Science Center features more than 50 hands-on exhibits, a digital planetarium, freshwater and saltwater aquariums, as well as natural history exhibitions. Established in 1961, the South Florida Science Center and Aquarium is a non-profit institution dedicated to its mission; "Open Every Mind to Science".
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The grand reopening was wonderful. This is no longer the Science Museum of my childhood. So glad that Palm Beach preserved such a wonderful landmark and improved on it so greatly.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Located right next to the West Palm Beach Zoo sit's the magnificent and exciting family event, the West Palm Beach Science Museum. Do not think that this attraction is just for the kids, adults will enjoy the experience as well. The South Florida Science Museum is adored for its many hands-on exhibits and special traveling exhibitions. The South Florida Science Museum also has an amazing 5,000-gallon aquarium filled with beautifully colors and fascinating marine life from all around the world. The Aldrin Planetarium puts on laser concerts and star shows! Be sure and check the schedule or just pop by. Admission fees do vary depending on which attractions one is seeing. You may easily refer to the Web site for details.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Visited March 2013. Exhibits reduced due to renovation & improvements so given discounted admission without needing to ask. The museum is relatively small but the (normal) admission price reflects this & there is a decent variety of things to see (& do, as there is a fairly good interactive section). Great for younger children as well as curious adults (like us!). Allow about 2 hours, give or take depending on how fully you view/ interact with everything. Well worth the short drive if you are in the WPB/ Lake Worth area, especially as you can always combine it with a visit to WPB zoo, which we happened to visit separately back in 2011. Oh, Dreher Park (free but please make contribution) is also a pleasant place to stroll around.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

lots of things there to see made me happy saw stuff wounderful and those things there blew me away literliy couldnt stay another minute lol

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been a lifelong visitor to the Museum, and it is such a joy to see my own 3 and 4 year old now begging me to take them and spending 4 hours or more playing with everything. A few of the hands-on activities are the same, timeless interactive exhibits that enthralled me when I was young. Well, after decades, the Museum is undergoing a major expansion. It is transforming into a discovery center, as opposed to a partially passive Museum. The new facade is already done, with an enormous, welcoming entryway. If you go between now and summer 2013, the admission is reduced, but so is the overall exploration area as construction is taking place in stages. My kids STILL want to go explore and I am thrilled to see how this wonderful gem in Palm Beach County is going to keep its focus on the inspiration of curiosity in young minds, while adding state-of-the-art interactive components, and expand our public aquarium. I will certainly update my review after the opening of the expansion but for now, know that some of the parts are closed, some are the older parts of the Museum (which are my kids FAVORITES) and the rest are parts of the new expansion; so it is a work in progress, but not for long. We were most recently there for the Science of Chocolate special event and my 4 year old said, "We'll get chocolate later. Right now I want to explore this." She was refusing chocolate to play with those same interactive displays which have delighted every child for nearly 20 years! That is a review in and of itself! Also, the Planetarium is state-of-the-art and hearing a 3 year old talk about the "Event Horizon of a Black Hole" after seeing a show is enough to make your rush up to buy a membership.

1  Thank palmbeachpr