“Terrific Thai and Sushi”
Review of Malakor Thai Cafe

Malakor Thai Cafe
Ranked #12 of 685 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We love Northwood. Lots of great restaurants in this little three-block area. Yet we hadn't been to Malakor until last night. It's a small, quiet, friendly place. It looks like it would be a nice place to sit outside (in less-hot and humid weather). We sat in a comfortable booth in a corner, perfect for six of us.

The service was responsive and friendly. Our server seemed generally to be there when we needed something.

The drink list was a bit disappointing. I had a hankering for a beer, and they offered five of the typical low-cost American beers (e.g., Bud Light), one Chinese beer and two Thai beers. It would have been nice to have a bit more choice. I did enjoy the Thai beer I ordered. The same is true for wines. They have just a few selections, but my dinner mates found something that was acceptable for them.

All the food was well-done and beautifully-presented. I ordered three sushi rolls to share with one of my friends. We agreed the best one was the Malakor Bomb Roll (or something like that). The other two were also great. The Malakor one came with some crispy, fried something I believe was papaya, perhaps. It made a tasty dessert.

All my companions also enjoyed their dinners: soft-shell crab, pad thai, and tempura chicken with vegetables.

We'll be back--especially when I'm ready for some good sushi again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Situated in an old historic neighborhood, this Thai restaurant offers wonderful food. It is brought to you steaming hot. Nothing is preprepared; it is all made to order!

Stop by and check them out.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great food and service. This place is a must visit. I'm a fan of the Thai Basil fried rice. So tasty, the staff there is always top notch on service.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

After seeing the reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try this restaurant out. The location is a little bit off the ordinary path, but worth it. The food was great,the service was good (a little slow) and great drinks.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I can't enough good stuff about this place. This restaurant stop serving lunch @ 3pm. We happened to get there @ 3:15, but they let us dine in anyways. And we weren't the only ones. We saw them do it to 6 other patrons as well while we were dining. Phenomenal service! One thing I liked about this place was their menu, they had pictures of their neatly placed food. But the menu do no justice, when the food comes out it is like a work of art...beautifully placed and good may I add! I had one of the specials of the day- Tom Yum Seafood Special. It had jumbo shrimp, calamari, some fresh white fish, mussels, and clams with fried rice...OMG a well put together meal....delicious! To top it off it was my birthday, so Alfi out waitress brought out a desert with candles and song happy birthday free of charge. Grade A food and service...Recommended while in WPB!!!

1  Thank khouse11