“Sign on door to call, we called and never received a call back”
Review of iScootPalmBeach

iScootPalmBeach
More attraction details
Owner description: Multi-day and weekly motor scooter rentals, delivery available. Daily motor scooter rentals with pick-up in West Palm Beach or Palm Beach Gardens. The best way to experience the Palm Beaches, get around town, tour US A1A along the beach is from the seat of a motor scooter. Our scooters are Made-In-Taiwan (not China) Buddys and Kymcos with a top speed of around 40MPH. Driver license needed, over 18, no extra charge for helmets, scooters seat two (max combined weight 320lbs) Bike rider? Same thing as riding a bike....just don't pedal.
Kennesaw
“Sign on door to call, we called and never received a call back”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

On Monday Jan 6, 2014 at 2:30 pm, we arrived to rent scoters and have a great time sight seeing around West Palm. Although the store said open and the sign said open till five pm, a piece of paper had a handwritten message saying( out for a ride, call me and I will be back in five minutes) our call went to voice mail. Needless to say we never received a call back after leaving two messages. Maybe it was an emergency, but I would have thought I would at least get a call back the next day to explain. I can't review the company because I never even got to talk to anyone. Hopefully our experience was a fluke and not typical of their operation.

Visited January 2014
SteveDuhl, Owner at iScootPalmBeach, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
I feel very badly that these prospective customers were unable to rent and that we lost business. The only customer voicemails we don't return are voicemails that are too garbled to understand. I reviewed our missed calls for the date in question and it does appear that there was one missed call at 2:48PM. I don't know whether that was the call from the reviewer.

When I am out riding, I stay downtown and I pass by the shop every few minutes to make sure nobody is outside waiting. And, it is rare that our front door is not open for more than 15 or 20 minutes at a stretch.

We thank the reviewer for alerting us to the problem. (Though, of course, we would have preferred to speak to the reviewer nearer to the date this happened and make it right with them rather than wake up to a 'terrible" review on Trip Advisor.) We hope that all of our customers, prospective customers.... and anyone else with an idea, let us know what we need to improve on.

Thanks.

Steve Duhl

Patchogue, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun, memorable experience!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My fiance and I spent a week visiting family in the West Palm Beach area and made a vacation out of it. iScoot was one of our day trips and it was a blast! We rented one scooter, which both of us fit on comfortably. We received sufficient training since neither of us had driven a scooter before and, while I was nervous at first, by the time we left on our own I had complete confidence. My fiance had a hard time keeping her balance while driving with me on the back so I drove us around for most of the day. Next time we would plan on both getting our own scooters to avoid that. We drove all over the island, parked at a beach, had an ocean-front lunch. It was an amazing experience that we both wish we could go back to! Next time we're in Florida we will be back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jim C
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Had the best time ever, a definite must do!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was visiting a friend that lives in West Palm Beach and I wanted to do something out of the ordinary as for the first time ever, the sun wasn't shining. So I found iscoot.

We rented two scooters for four of us (two teenagers) The owner gave us a brief lesson a map and sent us in our way. We had an amazing time even though it down poured half way through. Price was great for the experience and I can't wait to go back and ride again.
Thanks for the amazing day, we all absolutely loved it. Rain and all :)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mscanadianbacon
SteveDuhl, Owner at iScootPalmBeach, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thanks for the review! Please note that our scooter lessons range from "brief" to much, much longer and more detailed than "brief" depending on the experience/skill level/natural ability/confidence of the renter. Though, as I recall, this renter told me that she did not to know how to ride a scooter.....she caught on instantly and was ready-to-go in two minutes. Need a longer lesson? We've got time.
“Package full of excitement.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Took my girlfriend on a spontaneous adventure on something neither of is had done. Steve Duhl showed us the ropes, gave me a few minutes to grasp the feel of the scooter and me and my girlfriend were off to Palm Beach Island. Truly amazing experience. Will be coming back again and recommend to anyone tired of the same old, same old routine.

Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Scooter Adventure!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Steve--
We had the best time riding scooters and adventuring around the city we hardly knew. We definitely checked out the church where Michael Jordan was married, drove along next to million dollar yachts, and stopped for a soda at a small deli/market.

Your small business is hands down the best in West Palm Beach and I'm so thrilled we had an opportunity to meet you and your wonderful wife. The map you gave us was super helpful and we saw some incredible sites. I know we will be back again next summer! Thanks again!!

Visited September 2013