“great food - don't get spicy (its much!!)”

Kabuki Sushi Thai Tapas
Ranked #33 of 676 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clematis St and N Olive Ave
Description: Awarded "A" Grade from the Palm Beach Post and rated "Excellent" by Zagat, Kabuki is a stunning modern Asian eatery enhanced by decorative lighting fixtures that create a dimly-lit, inviting atmosphere. There's a long, full liquor bar and a sushi bar in the rear of the restaurant which provides an opportunity to watch the sushi chefs in action. The menu is large and varied, offering both cooked and raw dishes, with an emphasis on small plates. You'll find everything from Thai-style Spring Rolls to Asian Empanadas. There's also a wide selection of Nigiri sushi and rolls as well as noodle and rice dishes, curries and stir-fries. Teriyaki dishes can be savored from the Japanese grill, along with a handful of entrees such as the succulent Crispy Duck or whole Fried Snapper, plus creative desserts like Thai Donuts with dipping sauce and Banana Tempura with ice cream.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

we had a fun time but post meal we did not feel well - the spicy dishes (tropical curry & Spicy crab rolls )had us feeling really ill all night - and we really enjoy the place, staff but it did not sit week, I would go back just for drinks and to hang at this fun cute spot, but would be cautious with my entree picks!!

There are newer reviews for Kabuki Sushi Thai Tapas

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I went here after reading reviews of the restaurant and were very impressed. We enjoyed a $5 Goyza dumpling tapa and then the Sushi for 2. Be prepared it is a lot of food and it will come out in a big boat. Everything was amazing and fresh. I have never had anything as fresh with such a great atmosphere.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner and they exceeded our expectations! Lava crab roll and chicken wonton soup were both very delish!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Visited during happy hour on Friday. Great service and food. Enjoyed $4 wine and various tapas. Very fresh sushi. Also ordered Lobster teriyaki. Pure heaven. It was my husbands birthday so got a great rendition of happy birthday from the wait staff plus a complimentary fried banana and ice cream dessert.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Thursday evening, warm weather, concert in the park, birthday - the setting was perfect. Clematis street was crowded, but as we walked, we were trying to decide which cuisine was right for the night. As we walked past Kabuki, a table opened up right in front of us - so the decision was made. We sat down, ordered 2 glasses of white wine and Crab Rangoon. Both arrived quickly and were excellent. Question - why are there always 5 crab Rangoon? When there are two people in the party, that leaves one left to fight over! Add a sixth one! He ordered chicken fried rice, she ordered Tempura soft shelled crab salad with mangos. Again, both arrived smoothly. Wait staff was efficient, empty plates cleared away. They left the dipping sauce for the crab Rangoon, which turned out to be a good thing. The fried rice was average, hard to really so a bad job with that. The tempura crab was a little over fried, so the sauce cut the burned taste. The chili-citrus salad dressing was delicious - balanced flavors, perfect with the spring greens. But wait - something is missing - where are the mangos that are listed in the title??? Crisis- I was really looking forward to them! Thinking I had been mistaken, I requested a menu, read the item and realized that they had indeed been forgotten. Mentioned it to the waitress, who said - well they must have been there. Trust me, if there were mangos, I would have noticed. No offer to get some from the kitchen, she returned to talking to another waitress. There were not enough people in the restaurant that the kitchen was rushed - they just didn't know to out them in the salad.

All in all, a less than perfect evening. There are a number of Asian restaurants in town, I will go to a different one next time.