“Will Not Return”

La Quinta Inn West Palm Beach - Florida Turnpike
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I very rarely write terrible reviews. I try to maintain realistic expectations when I travel either for business or pleasure. I booked this hotel for two nights when I was in West Palm Beach to save a little money as I have been traveling for work quite a bit lately. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are outdoor entry which didn't bother me, but when I entered, the room had a musty smell. The carpets were work and the bedspreads were old. I don't expect the Ritz for what I paid, but I do expect the hotel to be clean. After a few minutes there, I noticed several roaches around the night stand and in the bathroom. I promptly moved to a different hotel. I will not return to this location and I will be hesitant to stay at a La Quinta after this experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Ssorci15

A La Quinta traveler
Safety Harbor, Florida, USA
Reviewed December 19, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is the way to go. This is not my first time at this LaQuinta. #1 I LOVE the Customer Service. You feel like family. Their Smiles are real, not staged. They go out of their way to help. This is the First time that I have had Breakfast at this LaQuinta. And I can KICK myself for not eating breakfast there with my other visits. The Breakfast Area is Clean, crisp, fresh. Speaking of Fresh. I'm sorry if others may not have enjoyed what is offered for Breakfast. But, FREE Breakfast at some Hotel/Motel's are Juice and Coffee. But here, I felt as if I was at a Hotel in Disney. You walk in and it is Spotless. There was a Selection of Breakfast foods and item's that if you go away Unsatisfied or Hungry. It was your fault, lol. Hot Waffles were GREAT!! warm syrup. You want butter, margarine, cream cheese, peanut butter and jelly etc. You got it. There were different types of breads for toast, bagels. Them Muffin's, little Danish. Baskets full with condiments, utensils, dishes and Real napkins. NOT Budget 1 Ply, lol. I will not forget to mention that Fresh Cereal is also offered. I'am not a Milk Drinker. But!! I wish I was. The Beverages that are offered are over the top. Ice Cold Milk, Juice, Water, Tea in Glass Pitchers that have condensation on them do to the temp. of the Drinks. Perfect just perfect and enjoyable. Last but not least. You have your perfect temp hot drinks as well. I will and cannot forget the Herb Teas. The Flavors are so real and enjoyable. That you will not even want to add sugar or cream to mask the Flavor of the teas. And i'm sure the Coffee is just as good. I'am not a coffee drinker. But, after getting a wiff of Fresh am coffee. I craved Mocha Icing all day. The Gentleman that Takes Care of The Breakfast Court in Oct 2013. Has a True love for his Job LaQuinta. And for the people that he work's with and stay there. He is on top of things. Make Sure you use the wooden tongs to take that bread, toast, muffin etc. Because, he knows the Health and Safety Laws/Rules by Heart. I have been in the Food Business for aprox 10+ years. If I was a Health Department Inspector. And did a Surprise or Regular Inspection of this LaQuinta. I would give there Breakfast Court a AAA+. I may open a restaurant and take the Staff from LaQuinta to work with me :) Like I stated before, if you go away hungry. It is your fault. At First the location may look iffy. Not so, Just look east then west. The Location is Central and not far from I-95. The Florida Turnpike is a sneeze away from this LaQuinta. Close to ALOT! of FUN things to do. Enjoy your Stay.

Maybe after the Busy Holiday Season. The Hotel Rugs in the Rooms get freshened up

Merry Christmas Happy New Year and Safe Holidays to All

Room Tip: Maybe check online for rates as well. If you are a lite sleeper Quieter Rooms may be on the higher f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

All personnel are very friendly, courteous, and proficient at their jobs. The breakfast area is the best organized, stocked, and cleanest that I have visited in your chain. This area should be the example for all locations to copy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The rooms have an odor because of the carpets which desperately need to be changed. There are also roaches. The breakfast is very basic; there is nothing appealing on the menu. On the second day there we went out to breakfast. Also be aware that the rooms are outdoor entry. The staff is pleasant and accommodating but this is not enough of a reason for me to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank melmyles
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This is being written on the morning of our one night stay. My wife, son, and I were traveling on our way to Miami from Tennessee and we checked in late to their only available double room. Upon walking into the room, I stepped on a small piece of glass, then walked by a section of ripped carpet, a large white "drippy"stain on the face of the black refrigerator, a two foot wide white stain on the corner chair, and finally a spot on the carpet that looked like someone had dumped an ashtray. It was late, so we went straight to bed. This morning, I deduced that the reason for the newly discovered broken toilet paper holder was probably the person who spewed what looked like vomit on the wall just below it (mystery solved). Anyway, needless to say, it has not been a pleasant experience.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family