“Efficiency triumphs over ambiance”

Saito's Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #165 of 681 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The steaks were tasty. The shrimp was fine. The whole time I felt the chef looked rushed. Other japanese steak houses cook each course separately to create an experience but, our chef threw the rice, veggies, and meat on the cooking surface at the same time. A family of 5 ate for $175 with tip. I would prefer to spend $250 for a better experience.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was at West Palm Beach on a business trip and decided to go to his place with a few coworkers for dinner. Food is good and they cook it in front of you. Our chef was funny and did a lot of tricks. You should definitely check out this place at least once for the experience.

This place was clean and tidy. If you are new to Florida, please order bottle water.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This really is not the best place for teppanyaki. I've had much better so unfortunately, I did not enjoy the food when I went. Neither did the rest of my party think that the food was worth its value. Service was very friendly though.

1  Thank KJandPenny
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been going to Saito's in Boca Raton closer to where i live for the past 2 years, and had nothing less than Exquisite experience every time. Flavorful food, friendly staff, Great environment, clean bathrooms.
I was in West Palm Beach City Place, was hungry & figured hey why not go to my fav restaurant for some Hibachi. I passed by this branch & man was that a bad decision.
1) V Unfriendly staff & unattentive border-line rude waitresses
2) Bathrooms are Filthy - looks like throw up on the walls
3) Walking to the bathroom , you pass by the kitchen sides, and the stench/smell coming out of there would knock a man out. It smells worse than the restroom itself! Honestly, i was worried about the food they were about to serve me & wanted to take my stuff and ditch this place after passing by the kitchen and catching a whiff of that kitchen.
4) Taste of the food doesnt compare to the Boca Branch.
5) After we were seated, the waitress took about 25 minutes to bring us water & ask us what to drink. THere were only 5 customers in the whole place! It wasnt busy at all! They are just not in the mood to work.

I will never go back to this branch ever! The competition is too high for me to deal with this crap. If i am in Palm beach i will def go eat at Bellagio, Yard House, Cheesecake factory or any of the other great places that cares to provide good service to customers.
I will be going back to Saito's in Boca Raton for sure, they are still in my top list of favs in Boca.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just another overpriced stop in City Place. Staff seems to feel entitled and when a straightforward comment was made about one of the entrees being sorely lacking, there was no effort to even say "we're sorry" ~ a definite pass