“OK but LOUD”
Review of Cafe Sapori

Cafe Sapori
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Sapori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 685 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Washington
Description: 205 Southern blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33405 - Tel: 561.805.7313 - Fax: 561.805.7310 - info@cafesapori.com - Directions
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First off the service was GREAT. Our table was waiting and so were the wait staff. Needed something and didn't see my waiter so I asked another one. He got me what I wanted. As it should be. So many places the answer would be--I'll tell your waiter. or I'll find your waiter.
Here everyone is your waiter. Food for me just OK. Not bad but not great especially for the price. Expensive. I like the local guy on the corner much better. But his place is not fancy and one of those I'll tell your waiter. Now to the loud part. It was loud. Tables were all taken and were close together. I wanted to participate in the conversation at the next table but my wife stopped me. But the gossip is........ Then at one point of the evening, as the crowd was leaving, bad rock music was playing over the speakers. This went on for 10 min before they switched to more enjoyable dinner music. Who knows why that happened. Probably not a regular thing.
So, if you got money and enjoy good service and have a strong voice--go enjoy.

1  Thank UnklLes

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The atmosphere is very nice, edging to the formal side for an Italian restaurant. A bit overpriced, food quality is slightly above average, service not as good as should be for the atmosphere, price point and fact that you have a wait team not just an individual person

1  Thank Marc P
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were in town on vacation and had been told by many people to visit Cafe Sapori. We are very glad that we made it a priority to eat here. The food was amazing, authentic and delicious. We had a few appetizers that were excellent: crab cakes, meatballs, beans with sausage and ahi tuna. For our entree we had bronzino and ravioli, they were both out of this world. The ravioli were stuffed with ricotta and spinach and the pasta was like silk. An excellent meal. We would definitely recommend a visit to Cafe Sapori. Franco was an excellent waiter who helped us pick an outstanding meal. The atmosphere was great as well.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

All their food comes out looking and tasting wonderful.

Their veal bolonese is always the best. Last night it was with papardelle and also a lasagne.

Salads great, fish also superb.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Cafe Sapori clearly has its fans: we visited on a Saturday night in February and the place was packed. However, the average age was approximately 70, which should've been the first clue to what was in store.

After being seated, we waited a good fifteen minutes for a waiter to welcome us, which was done with all the warmth of a janitor in an old folks' home. We ordered the Avocado and Beet Salad ($17) to split, the Sausage Ravioli special ($24), and the Spaghetti with Scallops and Asparagus ($24), asking specifically that the scallops be well-done.

In another twenty minutes or so, the Avocado and Beet Salad arrived. Technically, it should be called Guacamole and Beet Salad, because the avocados were mashed, except that guacamole would likely have more flavor. In fact, we could not remember a more tasteless and boring dish priced more outrageously.

Next, the entrees. When they arrived, I immediately sent the Ravioli back, because it was cold. The Scallop dish, while hotter, had undercooked scallops, despite our specific request.

When we finally received our meals, our waiter never returned to ask how the meal was, and even had to be chased down for more drinks.

In due deference, the Ravioli, once heated, was quite good, because the sausage added enough spice to make it interesting. The Scallop dish, however, maintained the incredibly tasteless boredom of the salad. More than half of the dish went uneaten.

Mentioning these issues to our waiter was met with an argument. A similar response was received from the manager, although he did offer to do something "next time." Um, there will be no next time, sir. Life is far too short for this food.

Upon reflection, the age of the clientele is critical here: bland, tasteless food is often a dietary requirement of the elderly.

If that description fits you, then by all means rush over to Cafe Sapori when you visit Palm Beach. Otherwise, frequent one of the many other venues that aren't afraid to use a spice rack.

4  Thank awvidmer