“Still in search of a decent espresso near Palm Beach”

Harold's Coffee Lounge
Description: We are a 3rd wave boutique coffee lounge specializing in premium coffee and tea. Our coffee is organic direct trade and single origin (whenever possible). We maintain a stock of premium teas that you can purchase by the ounce, ask about our special reserve. We make cold pressed juice onsite. We have trained baristas that can make your coffee over 20 different ways. We utilize 3 different styles of cold brewing and carry nitro brew. We offer specialty drinks that no one else offers, like carbonated teas and coffees, offer milk alternatives, the list goes on. We also host weekly and monthly events; live performances, open mic nights, poetry slams, movie nights, and drum circles. Harold's Coffee lounge provides a laid back and friendly atmosphere. We have been referred to as the heart of Northwood Village. Come and find out for yourself why we have been voted #1 Coffee House in Florida time and time again.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have to preface this review with the full disclosure that I am an espresso snob and when I review a cafe I am looking for a high quality shot of espresso (not "espresso-based" drinks). This is a cute little cafe on Northwood Road that appears to be in a revitalization mode. Cafe had a great atmosphere and I was excited when I saw that they had Intelligentsia espresso. They were pulling shots of Black Cat which can be very tricky but also excellent. The barista was very helpful and engaged. I had asked for a ristretto shot and not sure that was fully understood by the barista. The shot that I did get was ok but had a number of issues (too large a shot - should have been closer to 1 oz and was likely close to 3 oz, crema was very light and the temperature was too hot indicating that the water had passed through the grinds too quickly). Flavor was just ok. Ultimately, this was a disappointment but I would say that the cafe has promise.

1  Thank GlenW57
Management response:Responded August 19, 2017

Glen, thank you for your honesty in this review. You should come back and try us out now. ;)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I try to shop local, and Harold's is a staple in Historic Northwood Village. Great coffee and pasteries, wifi and gathering place.

1  Thank RebeccaSTSummers
Management response:Responded August 19, 2017

Rebecca, thank you for this review!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was quite the hub in West Palm Beach. They had a patio out back where it appeared that they might have some 12 step meetings or something. Really cool crowd. No green tea - other than what was in a baggie on the bottom shelf. Had to stick with some Fuji water instead. I can imagine that it is quite the busy place earlier in the a.m. We met there for an 11 a.m. meeting. I would consider it again - we could hear ourselves quite easily. As it becomes more popular - it may be hard to find a table.

1  Thank machp
Management response:Responded August 19, 2017

Thank you for the review. You should see our tea selection now! We also have really good matcha tea! Come back :)

Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you like coffee, and want to feel like you're sticking it to the man in some way; go to Harold's. This place is by far the best coffee in town, a cool artsy vibe, awesome staff...and a great area to enjoy your favorite brew....my personal fave el diablo, honey and half and half....also real iced coffee just may change your life

Management response:Responded August 19, 2017

Thank you for this review!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

West Palm Beach has been overrun with Starbucks coffee shops. Don't get me wrong, I love Starbucks, but if I want to go to a "real" coffee shop, I'm headed to Harold's. They have all the culture and class you'd expect to find in a traditional coffee shop. They have activities EVERY night of the week, like Free movie nights on Wednesday, To drum circles on Thursdays. And don't miss Lyrical Inc, usually held the last friday of every month. You won't regret it! Harold's also has the best iced coffee in town, due to a special process that takes 10 hours for it to brew. Sounds crazy, but try it!
Seriously. This coffee shop deserves your business. Located in Northwood, it's surrounded by cute little shops and great restaurants within walking distance.

Management response:Responded August 19, 2017

Thank you for such a nice review!! We are all about providing the "real" coffee shop experience! :)