“Class A organization”

Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

The entire staff were nothing short of excellence from start to finish, starting with Laurie and CJ at the store, to Capt. George, Connor and Marc, my scuba guide. This was my very first dive after becoming certified in New York in November. I was nervous at first, but the entire staff put me at ease and I had a very successful first two dives. I am hooked and can't wait to do more dives with this company. Thumbs-up all the way!

1  Thank Eman19_777

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We spent 3 days of diving with Jim Abernethy's Scuba adventures aboard the deep obsession. We had a great experience both with the diving sites chosen and the crew. The boat is very comfortable and we ranged from having a full boat on one dive to having 12 on the last day. The boat is very nice and has plenty of room for all the gear and people. They served plenty of snacks, water, sodas and fresh pineapple between dives. Our dive masters were excellent!! Susan was super informative and answered many of our questions (we are relatively new divers), she also lead a great dive and pointed out all the things we may have missed otherwise, Ryan was awesome as well and took the time to point out many eels, a few turtles, and tiny sea life, etc. Joe was also very good and led us on a few wreck dives. They even gave us recommendations on where to eat in the are both nights and we weren't disappointed at all! The captain of the boat Joe was very informative and gave us a full briefing on everything before and after the dive that we needed to know. Overall a great experience and we will come back for sure!!

1  Thank kellysreed
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I booked my dive trip the night before over the phone with CJ who was really helpful. The next morning Alex helped me get my gear together and headed to the deeper obsession boat. The whole experience was great! Mark, joe, Collin and Jim were on the boat and helped with with anything I needed including a last minute nitrox dive.
This was my first time diving in this area and I decided to do the shark dive. I was not disappointed!! We saw loads of reef sharks, a nurse shark and giant grouper all within a few feet. I hope I get the chance to dive here again. Without a doubt will use JASA!! Thanks guys!

1  Thank michelle j
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went out diving on the Deep Obsession 3 days, and found the crew to be great at all times. Joe makes sure to find great things to see while you are down. A favorite of mine was when he took some of the Lionfish he had speared and offered them to a large Green Moray Eel. It was a great show - the eel came out in full view to grab each one, yanking away. Fun!
Captain Jim was great at taking us to fun sites for drift diving. The shark and wreck dives were great.

I needed a little extra assistance on the boat. Both Susan and Austin were wonderful, and did all they could to put me at ease. Thank You! The other crew and store staff were all very friendly.

1  Thank Hollie_M
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I've been diving with Jim Abernethy's group several times over the last three years and every single time they impress me. Their attention to safety and the needs of every diver they serve is the best I've seen. As an Independent NAUI Instructor in Orlando I would recommend these guys to anyone and everyone. Can't wait to see you for another round in a few weeks!

1  Thank RobinPlunder