“Always Attentive”

Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been diving for sometime now. However I just got certified for Dive master through my local dive shop in Ft. Pierce. We don't have the best conditions up here. I was on the boat two weeks prior for a "Me" dive and ended up doing the night dive as well. When we showed up George knew be by name.....That really made me feel special....On my Dive-master certification when I had to give the briefing Susan was more than happy to walk me through the steps and make me feel at home. Scuba Adventures has the best customer service PERIOD!!! I would much rather spend my time and money with experienced, caring, and certainly ocean worthy individuals than someone trying to just make a buck. You guys are AWESOME....

1  Thank Scubie4210
There are newer reviews for Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a wonderful time on our 2 tank AM dive. There was a little miss-communication on our first dive between our guide and the captain so we missed the first drop. That was quickly cleared up and we dropped in. The current was really strong at the wreck and we buzzed by it a really quick pace. The second reef dive was much better and we got to see a wonderful variety of fish and eels. The crew was very pleasant and helpful. If you find yourself in West Palm Beach, be sure to look up this dive shop!

1  Thank Dave A
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Did a drift dive to a reef with them and was impressed with their precision and safety. The crew was incredibly knowledable (we had a certified rescue diver on the boat the entire time helping out the captain as divers entered and surfaced) and was more than helpful. It was also clear they had a safety-first mentality. On that note, I would agree with other reviewers that Jim has an abrasive personality, though I didn't view it as bad; I'd rather the captain be more (rather than less) assertive, especially in 5 foot seas with a mix of expert and novice divers. Also, they did a great job of letting experts and novices feel comfortable to explore at their own pace. Look forward to returning.

1  Thank Josh C
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The dive boat was extremely crowded. There was hardly enough room to put your gear on. Jim Abernethy himself was somewhat loud and abrasive. When I first jumped in I had some problems with my gear, but nothing that I couldn't handle. I'am an experienced diver, but Jim shouted directions at me from his boat and treated me like I was a novice. Next time I dive Palm Beach(which is a great place to go diving) it will be with anouther charter.

5  Thank Mark A
Tori T, General Manager at Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I apologize if our boat was perceived as crowded and hope that guests will look closely at the boats we own and what we offer. Deep Obsession is a 42 foot boat and is rated for 24 divers and 4 crew but we limit it to 20 divers for comfort. Wet Temptations is a 46 foot boat rated for 36 divers but limited to 24 for comfort. This being said boats can seem more crowded if seas are bumpy or if guests have excessively large bags or do not keep their gear properly stowed.
As to Jim Aberenthy being on the boat he was actually in the Bahamas on this date so I suspect it was another staff member we have of a similar name and apologize if they were loud or seemed rude. Sometimes staff can speak loudly or come across as rude if they are concerned for a diver or trying to be heard over ambient noise.
I ask that all guests please provide us as much feedback as possible so we can continue to improve and provide the best service possible! We do have a refund policy in place if a guests still does not have a good time but need feedback in order to implement this :-) Thanks for reading hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Friendly and attentive crew! Awesome and very comfortable boat: Deep Obsession. We're rescue divers and highly recommend Jim Abernethy's to anyone that seeking a great scuba adventure.

1  Thank aasr81