“Nice hotel but there are problems.”

Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very pretty hotel with a great breakfast, but the lobby area was not monitored, and children were running wildly. The entire outside area and by the pool, is not maintained well at all, and all the tables were filthy for days. The pooled is not skimmed, and that is why no one swam in it for a week. Otherwise, the rooms are nice and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alfred H
Jennifer D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you had during your stay. I will be sure to pass along to management your concerns about the pool and outdoor area. In addition, I will note the issues with the unsupervised children.

We hope that you will consider us for your next visit to West Palm Beach. Please feel free to contact me directly when making your next reservation and I will ensure that your next stay is a much more pleasant one.

Thank you!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had an excellent weekend stay at the Hampton Inn while we attended the Barrett Jackson auction in West Palm Beach. The room was perfect, clean and spacious. The young man at the front desk when we checked in was very helpful and directed us across the parking lot to the nearby restaurants. The morning breakfast was very adequate but they seemed to have a problem keeping the coffee cream stocked! I think for the morning rush they need a bigger bowl to accommodate a larger amount as the kitchen staff was busy enough replenishing food and had little time to monitor the coffee station. We utilized the pool area one afternoon and it was very quiet and relaxing. We would most definitely choose this location again if we are in the West Palm Beach area. Any staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay while visting West Palm Beach. Fortunately, we do sell out over Barrett Jackson weekend, which brings a lot of people to the area. We will retrain our kitchen staff to monitor the coffee station a little more closely over these sold out and very busy weekends!

Please let us know if you are coming back for Barrett Jackson and we would love to make a new reservation for you. Thank you!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is my go-to when in West Palm (which is often). They make me feel like family. Rooms are clean and fresh, pillows divine, home-made cookies at 7pm are yummy and the breakfast is great. The staff is so accommodating! A short walk to good food and a short drive to the beach or Wellington!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Penny K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate your kind words and are happy that you enjoyed your stay. In addition to the beach and Wellington, you might find CityPlace and downtown West Palm Beach as additional places of interest. We are also close to those!

Should your travels bring you back to the West Palm Beach area, please do not hesitate to contact us to make your reservation. Thank you!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed at this hotel while visiting our son. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. We thought the staff was wonderful, very accommodating and friendly. It was nice to wake up to a hot breakfast without leaving the hotel. Happy hour by the pool everyday was a nice surprise. I will stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My family stays at this hotel whenever we visit my elderly mother who lives nearby. Twice a year we have family get-togethers and we book 4-5 rooms for several nights. The manager, Mike Polina and Erica Caldwell are always so accommodating to us. We use the conference room for our family gathering and they always go out of their way to make sure we get everything we need.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan N
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I asked to move to another room due to noise. Was told no rooms available at time but to check back. Was going out for day so said I would check when I returned. In meantime, hotel staff proceeded to pack all of my things up and threw them in suitcase and moved me to another room without telling me. Came back and key wouldn't work for room so they reprogrammed it for me and still didn't tell me they had checked me out. Gave me full access now to someone else's room that I proceeded to walk into with all of their belongings there. Went to front desk to see what was going on and they in an ignorant tone then told me they had moved me. Completely unacceptable on so many levels.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank bclement
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed here a few times this past winter, because there was no other half decent place to stay on this side of I-95 in West Palm. Rooms were clean, staffs were nice, and exercise room was ok. But there were occasions our room was not cleaned by 4 PM at which time the cleaning staffs were to leave for the day. We knew we had to chase them down if we did not see our rooms cleaned by 3:30. Also breakfast was not completely laid out until 6:30 AM even they sais they started breakfast at 6. We often had to leave by 6:15, so it's another irritation. Everything else is okay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family