“Longboards: Great!”
Review of LongBoards Restaurant - CLOSED

LongBoards Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh Caught Seafood and Oysters Served Daily! We are a New England spot with a casual feel. Located at right on Clematis St in West Palm Beach. Happy Hour Daily from 4pm-7pm and Live Music rocking on the weekends.
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Longboards is located at the west end of Clematis Street in West Palm Beach, FL. Typically there were never many food choices at this end of Clematis- a main thoroughfare thru downtown West Palm Beach. But over the years, several good places have opened up. Longboards if a great surf themed restaurant. There are surfboards hanging on the wall, tiki inspired decor and surf movies playing on the tvs. There is a great outdoor patio area as well. We had the Loster tacos which were great! Served openfaced on 2 soft tacos, there was a nice amount of fresh lobster meat on top with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatos,onions,etc. It was served with a spicy green Pico De Gallo sauce. We split their Bacon Mac n Cheese which was deilsh! We had their delicious Peach Iced tea as well. It seems to be a family friendly place also. Service was not super attentive, but that seems to the norm for most of Rodney Mayo's(owner) restaurants. I always say, when you go out to lunch or dinner, don't be in a hurry. Sit back and relax!

There are newer reviews for LongBoards Restaurant

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Horrible service, too crowded and TOO loud to enjoy a meal, food is over-priced and underwhelming,the wait for food was over 40 minutes which is UN-excuse-able. Did I mention how poor the service is? The server never even checked on us while we waited, I had to get my on refill at the bar. AVOID AVOID AVOID

2  Thank cynj__11
Reviewed February 1, 2012

A bit off the main part of Clematis, worth the extra steps. The BEST seafood in Wast Palm Beach, fresh from the dock, perfectly prepared. The truffle fries and appetizers are awesome as well. Casual, laid back, surfer themed environment. Bring your appetite.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

LongBoards has a "surfer" motif and very good seafood. We had the lobsters for two with the sweet mash and gratin califlower. All were excellent as was the service. Go for "Happy Hour" (until 7) and enjoy the atmosphere. We'll go back.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I had heard it was a nice place to have a drink,so I checked it out. Started with the clam chowder,which was very tasty,added a little hot sauce and it was perfect. I then had a dozen raw oysters,delicious! My girl ordered the pompano pan fried with panko crust and I had the seafood pasta. Both dinners were just the perfect amount and made from very fresh ingredients. I will be back for sure.