We took a bus to the hotel after coming off the train, not realizing ES staff would have picked us up at the train station. Oh well, we didn't care - sometimes the journey is half the adventure. We planned to walk the four+ blocks to the hotel, I think it would have ended up being longer, and hauling luggage on the sidewalks was not comfortable or smart. Out of the blue, this Embassy Suites van driver rolls her window down to ask if we're headed to the Embassy Suites - she was our angel for sure and she whisked us away in style! I feel bad that I can no longer remember her name, but she's a very nice woman and even thanked my brother-in-law for his service to our country.
After we settled in to the room, front desk staff called to be sure the room was alright then a little while later brought up a bowl of fruit and soft drinks (for Hilton Gold members). Very nice touch! The room was immaculate, spacious, and well decorated. I love the care that's put in to this hotel! The gorgeous lobby was being used for an art show, that was fun to wander through.
We took the shuttle to City Place that night, quite convenient for guests. Didn't use the pool except to sit in the poolside chairs and wish it were warmer that day.
The manager's reception was light compared to other Embassy Suites receptions I've seen (Carrots, dip, chips, salsa and tortilla chips). The free drinks are a nice offering, but we waited at least 15-20 minutes standing at the bar to be served alcohol, while the bartender waited on there different groupswho came up after us (she addressed them by name, so they must have been staying there for a few days). This was really quite rude, she acknowledged us three times saying, oh I have to get back to you yet, I'm sorry! Then waited on others.. but I wasn't going to draw attention to it. Her attitude wasn't the norm with the staff I saw at other areas around the hotel, so just take it for what it was, one minor blip.
The breakfast was wonderful, the chef cooking omelets was a delight to watch and very friendly! I enjoyed staying at this hotel, and am glad I chose it for an overnight stay passing through West Palm Beach. For longer stays, I'd recommend a car so you're not held to City Place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central features an ideal location, award-winning service, and first-class amenities to stand out as one of the top West Palm Beach hotels. Situated just off I-95, less than five-minutes from West Palm Beach Airport, this prime location offers easy access to the Kravis Center, many of south Florida's finest beaches, and CityPlace where you can enjoy the area's best shopping and dining experiences. Guests will be greeted with a warm welcome and friendly smile as they check into spacious guest rooms highlighted by stylish decor, 37" flat-screen TVs, free WiFi, and select suites with walkout balconies. The onsite Atrium Restaurant provides a delicious menu of American favorites prepared with the freshest local ingredients for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and guests can unwind with a signature cocktail or a craft beer from the Atrium Lounge. Maintain your active lifestyle in the 24-hour fitness center or on the outdoor tennis courts, spend the afternoons soaking in the Florida sun by the outdoor pool, and relax in evening in the dry sauna or whirlpool tubs. With over 18,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible event space, this is also an excellent venue for hosting business meetings, corporate conferences, and weddings. The Embassy Suites West Palm Beach hotel has a premier location and the perfect combination of amenities to make it the best choice for your next business trip, family vacation, or weekend escape to West Palm Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central Hotel West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach Crowne Plaza