Let me first preface my review by saying I have stayed in several Embassy Suites around the country. I love this hotel chain and am usually very satisfied with my stay. Now, that having been said, I want to relay the experience I had on my trip a week ago. I had previously reserved a hotel about 2 exits away that I had stayed in the year before and had a good experience. I ended up cancelling my reservation at the hotel that was wonderful to us the previous year to stay at this hotel however, because of how much this chain had always impressed me. Our family comes to this area annually for a competition my daughter attends, so I thought that it might be nice to make a tradition out of the Embassy Suites. The night we checked in, everyone was relatively accomodating, but the attitudes of the folks at the front desk seemed off from the usual warm welcome I receive when I stay at this hotel chain. I didn't think much of it because it was late and I figured they might be as tired as I was. When we got to our room, it was very comfortable and clean. The next morning, we encountered the highlight of our stay, and that was the very amicable omelette chef. He was super nice and very pleasant. He was friendly, polite and respectful, and more to the point, he made a KILLER omelette! When we left the hotel that morning for day 1 of my daughter's competition, the porters and the shuttle drivers outside the front door of the hotel went out of their way to say good morning to us and to be welcoming and pleasant. That, sadly is the end of the good things to say about the hotel. Now, to the bad stuff: the front desk from the previous night that was less welcoming than I was used to turned out to be the NICER of the front desk shift workers. I had no encounters with the morning shift workers, but the swing shift front desk employees were, to say the least, NOT polite. They appeared to be very dissatisfied with their jobs. Their faces looked like they might crack if they smiled, and their attitudes, pfft! Quite frankly, at the front desk of a hotel, you are the first and the last person your guests will encounter during their stay, so it is imperative that you be polite, courteous and most of all NICE when you deal with them! I always felt like apologizing to them for bothering them when I went to the front desk. Is this how I should feel when speaking to any staff at a hotel I am patronizing? I think not. Finally, to the worst thing that happened regarding the front desk staff, and this time it isn't something they did, it's something they DIDN'T do. On the first day of our trip, we went out to eat, and upon returning to the hotel, we parked in the row that faced the side street that ran alongside the hotel. There was a tree next to our parking space, and as we got out of our vehicle, we noticed something sticking out of the tree. Upon closer examination, we found that it was a DRUG SYRINGE that had been stuck in the trunk of the tree at eye level. Granted, this is something that can happen to any place of business. They have no control over the skeevy people who walk past their hotel and do skeevy things. However, once inside the hotel, I went to the front desk and spoke to a woman, and I did not catch her name, regrettably, but I can tell you this was on 5/16/13 around 6pm, so that would certainly narrow it down. I spoke to her very quietly about the syringe sticking out of the tree in the parking lot. I told her the location and even gave her our vehicle's description so her maintenance staff could easily find this disgusting and potentially dangerous item sticking out of this tree on their property so they could dispose of it safely. What if a child got a hold of this thing and got stuck by it? There is no telling what disease(s) might be crawling on that needle! She said she would have someone take care of it. Now let me be clear, this should have been taken care of immediately. Instead, the next morning when we went to day 2 of the event we were attending, I found that lamentably, no one had done anything about it. When we checked out later that day, it was still sticking out of the tree with no one apparently planning to do anything about it. The fact that it was in the tree in the beginning wasn't the hotel's fault. The fact that nothing was done after being notified is unacceptable. The front desk is the main reason for the 2 star rating I am giving this hotel. I don't even care that the multitude of windows in the hotel are dirty, even though they were. I don't care about the water damage on the ceiling in the dining area that was being left there to rot, even though it did exist. While we were there people were painting the exterior of the building, so I have to assume the other 2 items I mentioned will be taken care of, so they are non-issues to me and probably would have been anyway since they don't directly affect my stay. I was disappointed with the hotel, to say the least. The tradition we had hoped to make with this hotel is not going to happen, and most of that is on the second shift workers at the front desk. Their attitudes were just awful, and I don't plan to spend money in this establishment again because of it. The fact that I alerted them to a true safety hazard in their parking lot and nothing was done was the final nail in an already built coffin. It's back to the hotel from last year when we come into town next May. Even the breakfast isn't enough to bring me back. I did encounter the manager briefly on our way out of the hotel one evening, and he seemed very nice and friendly. It's too bad that type of demeanor isn't reflected in the employees working the front desk :( Also, the hot tub jets need to be cleaned out periodically. When we turned the jets on, it looked like a week's worth of funk came out of them, including a dead caterpillar stuck to a giant leaf and several other types of bugs. Yuck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central features an ideal location, award-winning service, and first-class amenities to stand out as one of the top West Palm Beach hotels. Situated just off I-95, less than five-minutes from West Palm Beach Airport, this prime location offers easy access to the Kravis Center, many of south Florida's finest beaches, and CityPlace where you can enjoy the area's best shopping and dining experiences. Guests will be greeted with a warm welcome and friendly smile as they check into spacious guest rooms highlighted by stylish decor, 37" flat-screen TVs, free WiFi, and select suites with walkout balconies. The onsite Atrium Restaurant provides a delicious menu of American favorites prepared with the freshest local ingredients for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and guests can unwind with a signature cocktail or a craft beer from the Atrium Lounge. Maintain your active lifestyle in the 24-hour fitness center or on the outdoor tennis courts, spend the afternoons soaking in the Florida sun by the outdoor pool, and relax in evening in the dry sauna or whirlpool tubs. With over 18,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible event space, this is also an excellent venue for hosting business meetings, corporate conferences, and weddings. The Embassy Suites West Palm Beach hotel has a premier location and the perfect combination of amenities to make it the best choice for your next business trip, family vacation, or weekend escape to West Palm Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central Hotel West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach Crowne Plaza