“Hotel was great for our stay w/two teenage boys”

Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Jamestown, North Carolina
“Hotel was great for our stay w/two teenage boys”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. We had a corner King suite. The boys had a full pull out sofa, which worked for them. We had a separate bedroom. The bath could be accessed from our bedroom or from the living area. Our room was very clean. We loved the manager's special each night from 5-7 pm & the boys enjoyed going to the pool or tennis area. The complimentary breakfast was also good each morning with choice of eggs, cereal, waffles/pancakes, bacon/sausage, fruit, bagels, or breakfast to order. Would have preferred a little more variety of fruit. The staff was very nice, and very willing to help you in any way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank adventurous_LO
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Aventurous_LO,
Thank you for the wonderful review, I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit. The fact that you seemed to enjoy all of our amenities is definately nice to hear. I will pass on to the staff your comments and thank you again for taking the time to review us.
I hope we see you again in your future travels.
Jay Badillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel is nice but price is a bit on the high side. Not really worth it in my opinion. We had no choice in staying at this location due to the wedding reception being held there. Their so called wedding party discount was 10% which if you ask me is an insult considering that is the same discount I would have received had I just used my AAA discount card.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Lisa3052014
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Embassy Suites Hotels traveler,
I appreciate the fact that you took the time to inform us of your experience with our hotel.
We do have many different rate structures based on occupancy and time of booking so I can certainly understand your concern.
Should you decide to visit us in the future you can give me a call and I would be happy to check for the best available rate for you.
Thank you again for your review.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very exceptional hotel. Staff and accommodations are topnotch. The free breakfast bar is better than most restaurants. If you like free drinks, they have a daily manager's reception from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Steven L
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Embassy Suites Hotels traveler ,
Thanks for choosing the Embassy Suites. We are glad to hear that you enjoy your stay here. We will be insure to let our staff know, of the great comments. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

Vancouver
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We had no issue finding the hotel but sadly was greeted by a front desk staff that replied simply "busy" when I asked how SHE was doing. It just went downhill from there. She couldn't find our reservation, then she stated we were in a handicap room. When I replied that we don't require a handicap room and we have two small children that require a bathtub she told me it was my fault because that is what I booked and that was what I was getting. Well, here's the thing. We didn't book the hotel directly, we booked through a convention and we did not request a handicap room.
The room was ok, but of course it was handicap accessible so it lacked bathroom counter space which tragically ended with some of my cosmetics falling off a shelf located above the toilet, into the toilet. :(
Breakfast was one of the good things on the stay, it was delicious and plentiful. Meats, eggs, yogurts, fruits, breads, Omelettes.
The evening reception was a mixed bag. The food was not too exciting- veggies and dip, snack mix, chips and salsa but we found the waitresses were awesome for drinks. They were really kind to us and my children.
The pool area was ok but there was what appeared to be animal poo in it when we were there so we didn't swim. The water was quite cool. There were also two baby raccoons in the pool area. Tip- instead of walking through the entire lobby in your pool wear take the stairs on the right and go up to the mezzanine elevator. I found it embarrassing trekking through the lobby while they were having a business gathering.
I would not stay at this hotel again nor would I recommend it to others.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank camehometosnow
Dear Comehometosn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning you experience during your stay with us.
Excellence in hospitality, service, and especially guest satisfaction is, and will be of the utmost importance to us. Rest assured I have taken immediate action to remedy this situation and have shared your disappointments with the appropriate staff members.
I do apologize that you had a less than satisfactory visit with us.
it was nice to hear that you did enjoy our breakfast.

Dublin, OH
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our family of 4 (kids aged 12 and 10) just returned from Spring Break in West Palm Beach. We absolutely loved this hotel! I can't say enough about the staff - everyone, from housekeeping to the omelet cook to maintenance was friendly. When we first arrived, we were having problems with our rental car and right away there were two ES employees outside trying to help us!

The rooms were a bit smaller than other Embassy Suites we've stayed in before, but the balcony was a nice extra space that allowed us to spread out. We were short on towels a few times, but we called the front desk, and each time we ended up with more than enough. The equipment in the fitness center was the kind you would find at higher end gyms, although I witnessed more than a few people leave without wiping down the machine they had been using. OK, I must admit I didn't realize where the wipes were the first time, either. Breakfast and the manager's reception were typical, but the cook recognized us by week's end, and the bartenders were super friendly as well.

I feel that I must relay a story that happened while I was at the front desk looking for detergent for the laundry - there was another guest checking out who was out of cash. From what I could gather, he had credit cards, but no ATM and no checkbook and was worried he would not be able to pay for incidentals on his way. The man at the desk actually pulled his wallet out of his pocket and offered some of his own money. The guest politely declined, but was very appreciative. The man then told him to go get some breakfast - he would arrange for transportation to the airport (so he wouldn't need to worry about how to pay for the taxi), even if he had to drive him himself.

Now THAT's service!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear 273mariae,
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite. We like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Clean, sleek, modern lobby. Friendly, attentive staff. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I stayed there during the Boat Show and loved the easy access to downtown via Australian Avenue, No need to bother with 95

Room Tip: the king suites are the best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DeirdreB747
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear DeirdreB747,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites. Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We will inform our staff of your comments. We hope to see you next year for the boat show.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The West Palm Beach Embassy Suites is a lovely hotel. Having stayed in Embassy Suites across the US including Houston, L.A., Louisville, San Antonio and Miami, the West Palm Beach site is one of the nicer layouts. The pool is good, the atrium is lovely and spacious. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The location is good and there's plenty of safe and secure parking.

I didn't enjoy staying at this hotel though, and it was staffing and general service which wrecked the experience. The attitude of most of the staff I encountered was not good, and asking for assistance in this hotel is not something that was welcomed. Front desk staff were downright rude, servicing of rooms was erratic, there were never towels available at the pool, there were build-ups of dirty dishes on tables at breakfast. At the evening reception - an Embassy Suites staple involving 2 hours of complimentary drinks - the staff threw drinks together in a surly manner despite being tipped a couple of dollars on every visit I made to the bar, and I was given a "look as though I had two heads" for asking for a slice of lemon in my gin and tonic. I have no problem waiting in a queue for a drink, so long as the queue is fair and orderly. The staff here were not orderly though, and drinks were served first to "favorites" based on staff discretion. This was exceptionally frustrating.

On one instance, we left our room at around 9am and observed a used room-service tray that had been left outside a neighbouring door. We returned to our room at around 5pm, and the tray was still sitting in exactly the same spot.

My message to Embassy Suites West Palm Beach is simple - this hotel is lovely, but is ruined by poor management. A customer's experience is hugely influenced by the services received, and the attentiveness of staff. My message to Trip Advisor readers is unequivocal. For now, you should avoid this hotel.

2 Thank EuanD693
Dear EuanD693,
I am very sorry to hear of your experience during your stay and appreciate you letting us know.
As promised we have addressed the specific situations noted in your review.
Should you decide to visit us in the future, and I hope that you will, please contact me directly as I would like to make sure that you have a great experience and you will be able to appreicate what we truely have to offer.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.