Overall, the hotel is very good. The suites are spacious and comfortable. Unfortunately, it's the little things that spoil it. For example, there's a coffee maker in the room ... but they only supply paper cups! The coffee it produces, unfortunately is like weak dish water. I actually purchased a $1 coffee mug from Walmart to use during my stay and Starbucks microground coffee that makes a very acceptable backup .. in these circumstances. The lighting is a little confusing as well. When I arrived I ended up groping around in the dark, because I couldn't work out how to put the lights on. There's no switch as you enter the room. You have to go around working out how to switch on the various lamps .. assuming you can find them in the dark!
There were two large flat screen TVs in the suite, but no way of deciphering what's on. I never managed to find a program guide, so just gave up. It's fine if you just like to channel hop until you find something, but I personally would rather decide on my viewing from a listing.
On the plus side ... the internet connection is quite good, so I was able to find online entertainment that kept me amused.
Another irritation is the orientation of the hotel. Beautiful climate, but the pool and seating area is completely in the shade all afternoon. I couldn't find anywhere to sit out and enjoy the sunshine, which is a shame.
For an extended stay, the laundry facilities are very good. Coin operated but quick and efficient. 35 minutes to wash and about 25 mins to dry ... all for $3.00 ($1.50 for each). Comfortable chairs, so take a good sudoku .. and you're set.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central features an ideal location, award-winning service, and first-class amenities to stand out as one of the top West Palm Beach hotels. Situated just off I-95, less than five-minutes from West Palm Beach Airport, this prime location offers easy access to the Kravis Center, many of south Florida's finest beaches, and CityPlace where you can enjoy the area's best shopping and dining experiences. Guests will be greeted with a warm welcome and friendly smile as they check into spacious guest rooms highlighted by stylish decor, 37" flat-screen TVs, free WiFi, and select suites with walkout balconies. The onsite Atrium Restaurant provides a delicious menu of American favorites prepared with the freshest local ingredients for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and guests can unwind with a signature cocktail or a craft beer from the Atrium Lounge. Maintain your active lifestyle in the 24-hour fitness center or on the outdoor tennis courts, spend the afternoons soaking in the Florida sun by the outdoor pool, and relax in evening in the dry sauna or whirlpool tubs. With over 18,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible event space, this is also an excellent venue for hosting business meetings, corporate conferences, and weddings. The Embassy Suites West Palm Beach hotel has a premier location and the perfect combination of amenities to make it the best choice for your next business trip, family vacation, or weekend escape to West Palm Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central Hotel West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach Crowne Plaza