I am actually fairly local to this hotel so I have been there for a number of local events, such as "girls night out" hosted by the local newspaper, been to focus groups held by local research companies, etc. That's the reason I knew how pretty the main inside/eating area of this hotel was.
To earn some bonus points for a free stay, I had to have one more hotel night under my belt, so I chose the Crowne Plaza for a spontaneous overnight stay for my kids, husband and myself. Unfortunately my ankle went out so I was not able to enjoy the free shuttle service to and from the popular shopping/dining/entertainment area, CityPlace, but we enjoyed an AMAZING balcony view of the city and airport (the balcony was huge, as hotel balconies go!) and stayed in for the night.
With a bedroom and a separate living/sitting area in a standard room, there was plenty of space to lay out our food delivery. Ask the front desk for a menu and a number of local eateries will deliver right to your hotel room door!
One of my favorite aspects of our stay was the decor. I was always impressed, for hotel standards, at the design inside the main area of this hotel. I just love it. With high ceilings, an atrium - like partially glass ceiling, it's really a very "easy on the eyes" location. A bonus was that it was Christmas time, and there was a very tall, beautifully decorated tree in the main lobby.
Also, several upper floors have a balcony, sitting area overlooking the main atrium area.
There were smaller decorated trees here, as well, adding to the beauty of the decor. It is not often I feel the desire to "explore" a hotel, but I didn't want to miss out on anything and was sure to get out and wander all main floors.
Another plus for business folk is that there are a variety of meeting rooms here.
The pool area is very "blah". Typical old- school standard hotel pool, no fancy shapes, no slides, nothing exciting. That didn't stop my daughter from spending an hour or more in it, but, it was not a snazzy pool area like some hotels have. There was a hot tub, though, and outdoor restrooms/changing area with clean towels and a very attentive housekeeping attendant.
The eating area is in the open area with the partially glass ceilings, and very nicely decorated. It is not your typical "eat breakfast free" environment. I didn't eat there, but kept walking through the area just to check out how nicely the tables were set up. I found myself taking a lot of snapshots at this location, with it's comfy couches (where my daughters sat to read books under the foliage). It was a very beautiful hotel inside.
Also, they have a thirteenth floor! Many places skip that 13th floor, but not this CP. In fact we stayed on the 13th floor.
Also, there was a very nice bellman that brought our luggage up to our room. I stay at a number of hotels for family getaways each year, even just for overnight stays when visiting Disney World or traveling by car to meet friends, and truly it seems like it's more in the movies that the helpful bellhop takes your luggage. I know you can ASK for the service, but seldom is there someone available to help you out unless you are staying at a much pricier hotel. But he was right there, helped us with luggage, brought it inside the room, was very personable. Normally we don't mind doing our own luggage but he was so nice we wanted to allow him to do his thing and get a tip.
Overall I really like the layout, decor of this hotel. It is located right near the Palm Beach International airport so an excellent choice for business travelers. West Palm Beach does have a lot to see and do for those visiting from other areas, so I suppose it would be a convenient place to stay for anyone who wishes to stay near an airport.
There are no game rooms for kids, so if you are traveling with young ones that want a place to stay where they can be entertained on site, you may want to select a different location. But for our "overnight only" purposes, and my kids love for any swimming pool, this was just right.
Please let me know below if this review was helpful to you. Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central features an ideal location, award-winning service, and first-class amenities to stand out as one of the top West Palm Beach hotels. Situated just off I-95, less than five-minutes from West Palm Beach Airport, this prime location offers easy access to the Kravis Center, many of south Florida's finest beaches, and CityPlace where you can enjoy the area's best shopping and dining experiences. Guests will be greeted with a warm welcome and friendly smile as they check into spacious guest rooms highlighted by stylish decor, 37" flat-screen TVs, free WiFi, and select suites with walkout balconies. The onsite Atrium Restaurant provides a delicious menu of American favorites prepared with the freshest local ingredients for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and guests can unwind with a signature cocktail or a craft beer from the Atrium Lounge. Maintain your active lifestyle in the 24-hour fitness center or on the outdoor tennis courts, spend the afternoons soaking in the Florida sun by the outdoor pool, and relax in evening in the dry sauna or whirlpool tubs. With over 18,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible event space, this is also an excellent venue for hosting business meetings, corporate conferences, and weddings. The Embassy Suites West Palm Beach hotel has a premier location and the perfect combination of amenities to make it the best choice for your next business trip, family vacation, or weekend escape to West Palm Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central Hotel West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach Crowne Plaza