“Impressive lobby area, GREAT for business travelers, holding local events, good size room, nice help”

Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I am actually fairly local to this hotel so I have been there for a number of local events, such as "girls night out" hosted by the local newspaper, been to focus groups held by local research companies, etc. That's the reason I knew how pretty the main inside/eating area of this hotel was.

To earn some bonus points for a free stay, I had to have one more hotel night under my belt, so I chose the Crowne Plaza for a spontaneous overnight stay for my kids, husband and myself. Unfortunately my ankle went out so I was not able to enjoy the free shuttle service to and from the popular shopping/dining/entertainment area, CityPlace, but we enjoyed an AMAZING balcony view of the city and airport (the balcony was huge, as hotel balconies go!) and stayed in for the night.

With a bedroom and a separate living/sitting area in a standard room, there was plenty of space to lay out our food delivery. Ask the front desk for a menu and a number of local eateries will deliver right to your hotel room door!

One of my favorite aspects of our stay was the decor. I was always impressed, for hotel standards, at the design inside the main area of this hotel. I just love it. With high ceilings, an atrium - like partially glass ceiling, it's really a very "easy on the eyes" location. A bonus was that it was Christmas time, and there was a very tall, beautifully decorated tree in the main lobby.

Also, several upper floors have a balcony, sitting area overlooking the main atrium area.

There were smaller decorated trees here, as well, adding to the beauty of the decor. It is not often I feel the desire to "explore" a hotel, but I didn't want to miss out on anything and was sure to get out and wander all main floors.

Another plus for business folk is that there are a variety of meeting rooms here.

The pool area is very "blah". Typical old- school standard hotel pool, no fancy shapes, no slides, nothing exciting. That didn't stop my daughter from spending an hour or more in it, but, it was not a snazzy pool area like some hotels have. There was a hot tub, though, and outdoor restrooms/changing area with clean towels and a very attentive housekeeping attendant.

The eating area is in the open area with the partially glass ceilings, and very nicely decorated. It is not your typical "eat breakfast free" environment. I didn't eat there, but kept walking through the area just to check out how nicely the tables were set up. I found myself taking a lot of snapshots at this location, with it's comfy couches (where my daughters sat to read books under the foliage). It was a very beautiful hotel inside.

Also, they have a thirteenth floor! Many places skip that 13th floor, but not this CP. In fact we stayed on the 13th floor.

Also, there was a very nice bellman that brought our luggage up to our room. I stay at a number of hotels for family getaways each year, even just for overnight stays when visiting Disney World or traveling by car to meet friends, and truly it seems like it's more in the movies that the helpful bellhop takes your luggage. I know you can ASK for the service, but seldom is there someone available to help you out unless you are staying at a much pricier hotel. But he was right there, helped us with luggage, brought it inside the room, was very personable. Normally we don't mind doing our own luggage but he was so nice we wanted to allow him to do his thing and get a tip.

Overall I really like the layout, decor of this hotel. It is located right near the Palm Beach International airport so an excellent choice for business travelers. West Palm Beach does have a lot to see and do for those visiting from other areas, so I suppose it would be a convenient place to stay for anyone who wishes to stay near an airport.

There are no game rooms for kids, so if you are traveling with young ones that want a place to stay where they can be entertained on site, you may want to select a different location. But for our "overnight only" purposes, and my kids love for any swimming pool, this was just right.

Please let me know below if this review was helpful to you. Thanks!

Room Tip: This is a Holiday Inn property, so use your Priority Club Rewards card to upgrade, get best deals on...
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
sbrazil, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear The Wander,
Thank you so much for your review, it was very helpful and nice to hear all the positive comments as well as negative.
We are currently going through an upgrade and hope you will come back to see us after our improvements are complete.
Also please inquire at the front desk as we do offer some games all though a limited selection it may be of some help next time.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and where we can improve.

Sandy Brazil
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,281)

Reviewed August 11, 2011

When we booked a room we had no idea that there would be construction. As we entered the lobby we saw little signage and were confused as to where check-in was located. We walked down a hall and saw a man seated at a desk. When we inquired regarding check-in, Frank told us he was check-in. Our hats are off to Frank who answered all phone calls and questions and handled check-in at the same time. Where were others? Frank said he would put us as far away from construction as possible. A room on the 3rd floor (overlooking the vents from the kitchen) was assigned. Our room was nicely furnished and there were no issues. We returned to the first floor to print out boarding passes. A printer was not working and again Frank provided assistance. Where were other employees? We had an early morning flight and decided to eat in the on-site restaurant. What a mistake that was. Painters were actually painting above our heads and a noisy huge fork lift type piece of machinery was operating constantly as we dined. Dinner was terrible but waitstaff was exceptional. I was served a black bean soup that was more like a puree!. Not a bean to be found and probably a week old. Our entrees left much to be desired. To return to our room, we had to walk over plastic and around the machinery. I had leather soled shoes on and my husband held my arm as I slipped and slid to get to the hallway. Terrible. The driver of the shuttle at 4:30 am was wonderful and he cheerfully picked us up upon our return at 1:00 am six days later. The employees were wonderful - conditions at the hotel were terrible. Painting should not be going on during dinner hours. Our advice - do not book until construction is complete - eat elsewhere for dinner.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doloresandjeff

Dear doloresan,
On behalf of the staff at the Crowne Plaza, I would like for you to know how much we appreciate your comments and concerns during your stay with us.
We are currently going through renovations and upgrades to the hotel, I am very sorry that you had a bad experience. Our goal it to provide excellent customer service as well as review our guest comments and improve on any areas that need improvement.
I hope that you will come back to visit us in the near future once our upgrade is complete. I believe that you would be pleasantly surprised .Please contact me anytime at the hotel directly asI would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you.

Sandy Brazil
Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 25, 2011

First impression when I arrived in the lobby was that the hotel was a bit dated. The rooms were recently renovated and nice with the exception of the bathroom. The bathroom really need updating. THe parking was challenging because we had to share parking spaces with the commercial establishment next door. Free WI- FI was a nice bonus.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank varthur
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

VAuthor

Thank you for commenting on your experience at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests so that can better serve you. We are currently going through an upgrade to both the rooms and the bathrooms. We hope next time you are in town we hope you choose us again and experience one of our new rooms.

Jay Badillo

Reviewed July 12, 2011

The staff was excellent, Nicely located. Clean, and pool was great!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The minute we walked in the door we were greeted by friendly smiling faces. The room was very clean - it actually felt like we were the first ones using it! And the bed was soooo comfortable. We did have a problem with the in-room mini refrigerator and within 5 minutes they were replacing it! That's service (and it was done with smiles). There are two shuttles available - one to the airport and one to City Place - we went to City Place, which was a must to visit. The concierge gave us free drinks/appetizers to a restaurant in City Place! The pool area was very clean and the kids loved the pool. The workout room had about 10 machines (they also had a sauna which we didn't use). They also have a full-service bar area. This is definitely a 5 star full-service hotel!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have been a regular guest (10-15x per year) for over 12 years, but no longer. They have discontinued valet parking, and the area is not one for a single woman to walk through alone at night. On my last stay, there were two events which prevented my son and I from parking anywhere near the door (no special parking just for guests). When we left our vehicle, there was an unsavory person standing nearby...we just walked quickly (lucky my son is tall and buff!). The next morning, I found my tire slashed. The front desk staff was awesome...they made sure I still made my flight, and kept an eye on my car came to get it. But upper management? "too bad, sorry, not our problem". I won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

3mn away from the airport, great if you have an early flight, the airport is by the way very fast and easy, the hotel is ready for renovation but the team goes the extra mile to make your stay comfortable, the lady at bell boy who also takes care of the shuttle is remarkable. Everything in the room works well and that’s already something. At the bar, a nice and relax atmosphere, I liked it very much and felt very relaxed

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business