“Secret Gem”
Review of Hotel Biba

Hotel Biba
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you are from the South Florida area and want a nice getaway, or coming from a far away place and like to experience a jewel of a spot then Hotel Biba is the place to stay.

My wife and I live in Fort Lauderdale and sometimes we like to get away for a night or two without driving far. We found this spot 4 years ago, and have made an annual trip ever since. Hotel Biba is close to museums, movie theaters, top restaurants, live music, and anything else you may like if you are into art and culture.

Staff is friendly, rooms are updated and clean, and they have a trendy bar that is nice spot to hear music and get a drink.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ricardo M

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Liked it so much spent another night. Breakfast was good and the kids loved the pool. Good location close to downtown. And great place across the street was Sushi Joe's. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Thomas L
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel was exactly as it appears in the pictures. Clean, adorable landscape makes the property very relaxing. Pool was clean, room was clean and cool. Staff was nice. Breakfast was ok. We did see rolls that were left out all day so we weren't sure if they were the same rolls the next day or if they were fresh.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KAna78
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I read the reviews on this hotel and was expecting less than I got I am extremely satisfied with the hotel. I came in to check in...first off the lady at the desk was very helpful and very sweet I did not have one problem with checking in. The price was very reasonable and I had a great Time...the room was clean, beds were nice, the pool was very clean and a very friendly community at the hotel overall extremely satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank macieday
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel was suggested as a replacement for a business-class hotel that canceled a previous reservation. I wasn't sure what to think since it is more of a boutique hotel but it was actually very nice. The room that I had was fairly basic but it was comfortable and more than adequate. The staff was nice and the breakfast was great. I would certainly consider staying again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Phi450
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had an early morning flight and decided to book one night at Hotel Biba. The Hotel is a 10 minute drive from the airport. I have read reviews prior to booking, and found the hotel exactly what I expected for a very good price. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. I loved the outside tables and chairs at the bar and as luck would have it, there was still hot coffee left in the bar after I checked in.
I left prior to the breakfast spread the following morning, and am unable to comment on that.

The only con (and this is a very personal one) is that there was no coffee available early in the morning anywhere at the hotel. My understanding is that there is coffee and juice served with breakfast starting at 0700, but prior to that you're out of luck.
My one night stay was pleasant, the room was quiet and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank N0eta
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My fiancé and I just stayed here while attending a wedding at Mar-a-Lago. For the price, it has charm, a nice pool area, well kept rooms with great beds and powerful AC's, and a pretty decent free continental breakfast each morning. As it was the hottest, smarmiest, and cruelly humid weekend ever, the powerful AC's became my favorite amenity, but the whole place all together for that price was almost unbelievable.

I'll just say this, we were skeptically hesitant at first but the amount of positive reviews we had read won us over and were glad to say we don't regret it one bit. Hopefully this review can go on to help someone else's decision and make for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends