“Stop over before catching my flight home”
Review of Hotel Biba

Hotel Biba
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Tucson, Arizona
“Stop over before catching my flight home”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had an early morning flight and decided to book one night at Hotel Biba. The Hotel is a 10 minute drive from the airport. I have read reviews prior to booking, and found the hotel exactly what I expected for a very good price. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. I loved the outside tables and chairs at the bar and as luck would have it, there was still hot coffee left in the bar after I checked in.
I left prior to the breakfast spread the following morning, and am unable to comment on that.

The only con (and this is a very personal one) is that there was no coffee available early in the morning anywhere at the hotel. My understanding is that there is coffee and juice served with breakfast starting at 0700, but prior to that you're out of luck.
My one night stay was pleasant, the room was quiet and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank N0eta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My fiancé and I just stayed here while attending a wedding at Mar-a-Lago. For the price, it has charm, a nice pool area, well kept rooms with great beds and powerful AC's, and a pretty decent free continental breakfast each morning. As it was the hottest, smarmiest, and cruelly humid weekend ever, the powerful AC's became my favorite amenity, but the whole place all together for that price was almost unbelievable.

I'll just say this, we were skeptically hesitant at first but the amount of positive reviews we had read won us over and were glad to say we don't regret it one bit. Hopefully this review can go on to help someone else's decision and make for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Dmsnurse
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Pros:
Location,somewhat renovated, Price is very good.

Cons:
The only real con was that bugs kept coming into the room. I believe they were baby millipedes. I notified the front desk and they said it was just because they sprayed pesticides outside. I was offered a different room for when I returned that night.I returned late and did not want to go through the trouble of moving at 1 am. They had cleaned the bugs from earlier so I stayed there the night. When I woke up there were dozens on the floor. Accidently stepping on them on the way to the bathroom was disgusting. When I told them at checkout there is still a bug problem, the lady said I could of changed rooms.

I would not recommend due to the bug problem and how they handled the situation.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Joseph1a
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was our second stay at Hotel Biba. we came for Sun Fest. Its a funky/cool little hotel in a nice location, just a short drive from City Place, The Kravis Center and The Palm Beach Oceanside area. The first time we stayed our room was quite large, King bed and a little more of an upgrade. This room was really tiny with a queen bed, but it was cozy and we had a great stay either way. The continental breakfast is great! Friendly staff and nice pool area, it's a Boutique Hotel so there are not many Amenities, but everything you need for a relaxing stay in Palm Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MissTrishFL
Paris, Kentucky
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had stayed in a number of chain hotels on route and received the level of service we expected however when staying in West Palm Beach we decided to choose Hotel Biba which seemed to have similar facilities but for half the cost.

We decided to be adventurous and book the Hotel Biba, it was excellent value for money, our room was very nice with a huge bed.

wiFi was free which we appreciated and worked, we had a very nice breakfast which was both healthy and with numerous choices,

Evonne the receptionist on duty was very helpful.

There was a Sushi Restaurant across the road named Sushi Jo which we chose for convenience and it was excellent too with nice choice of wine and an excellent menu even if you were not into Sushi.

Room Tip: Choose Sushi Jo across the road if you would like a nice meal
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Pat F
Boston, Ma
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed one night at Biba, and the check in was fine, the staff was pretty cool and the room was pretty and almost clean.

BUT, on the negative side:
-I could hear everything that was happening in my neighbors bedroom and worst of all, someone checked in at 2am, and as I was above the lobby, I heard everything, it was so loud!
-I wanted to go to the pool, but it was at the back of a parking lot, with workers working close by. Boo. And worst, the water wasn't clean.
-They serve a small breakfast in the morning, but with only cheap and fat items. Gross.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
7 Thank Mathilde P
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Biba. It's an older boutique type hotel. The beds were comfortable. We LOVED the rain shower head. Great water pressure. The thing that stood out the most was everyone that worked was out of their way courteous. Even the cleaning staff was eager & willing to provide you with anything you need. The pool area was so nice. I'd definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends