“don t go to biba” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
bree
“don t go to biba”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We are really very disapointed about this hotel The desklady was correct but not friendly at all, hello, your id and credit card, you are set, and here is the plan to get to your room. That s all she said. They purchased cheap the old creepy neighboor motel , made a nice garden, put some(bad-done) white paint and some design furniture arround. Everywere, even the bar(white room with some design furnitures, the style for them “less is more“ but it is“ Less is cheaper“! But the 0 isolation, all kind of noises(!) From the neigbours and bar and even the horn of passing trains(very close, horns for 2- 3 minutes) is terrible,all street noises. We heard everything, I saw every hour of the night. Queensize bed because it is not possible to put a kingsize in this mini sized-room, smaller is not possible, and the smallest I ever had, laptopscreentv-miror-small table, + minitable, 1 light. No hairdryer. Empty mini bathroom(even no garbage can!, They put in their site, with luxury aveda shampoos, not there, they lie! Lowcost in stead, pictures of their room is from a nice room in main building. That s not correct at all, because allmost all their rooms are in 2 “crapmotel“buildings around. To less parking, so we have to put our car in a tow away parking of one of the worst neighbourhoud of West palm beach, Scared to walk arround so we did,nt. Only old and closed shops and creepy restaurants,(that s wat they called “historic old town“ you have to drive several miles to get in a right neighbourhood to eat well, Never stay there again even if they give a week for free! I slept in more than thousands hotels and for this price is this my worst experience! On the morning desklady(the same like the other, only: “checking out?-all on same card? , I said I saw every hour of the night, hear everything. She said nothing, even no sorry or something. Search further and find better( so easy to find better!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank christophe s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We booked this hotel from the internet and we weren't disappointed. We arrived early and we weren't supposed to check in till 3. We however did have are room available and could use it before 12. The person at the check in was very nice. The lobby is small and had some unique glass art. Our room was old with a wall air conditioner. It wasn't noisy at all. The hotel is 1 mile from the airport and it was in the flight path of the planes. The air did drown out the train every nite and the planes. The breakfast was great! You could eat out side or in the new refurbished bar. We had a assortment of bagels, muffins, sweet roll, yogurt, fruit, oj, cold cereal and milk and coffee. The breakfast started @7 and ended @10. We took a walk everyday the homes are "huge'. A very interesting neighborhood. The intercostal is within walking distance but unable to swim. We found a very small beach but the water was very col in Feb. The most disappointing thing was the cost to park to go to the beach. It was 5.00 a hour!. You pay with credit card and the meter police will ticket you for 50.00-60.00 for a violation. The house cleaning staff was excellent especially Demisel and Franchesca they were very friendly and helpful and very pleasant to talk to. They worked very hard the whole week we were there. We would stay here again!The pool was cool no heater. We did use it almost every day.

Room Tip: I would not want to be by the ice machine or the 2nd floor of the lobby. There is no elevator. The r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

After a long flight, we made it to the Hotel Biba in West Palm Beach. We were early and weren't sure we would be able to check in yet. We were not only allowed to check in early, the check in process was a snap. The lady was very friendly and the lobby is very nice. Once we got to our room, we were a bit hesitant. Our room was very basic and simple - linoleum floors, evaporated air conditioner unit in the wall, etc. But the price was right and we thought we'd give it a go. Wow! Are we glad we did. The bed was super comfy and the air conditioner had just enough of a hum to help us sleep so good! Never heard a sound from outside and our room was very near the street. The room got really cold at night and I loved that. We travel a lot and I don't like not being able to get the thermostat to my desired liking. So two thumbs up to that as well. One thing I was concerned about was there not being a fridge in the room. But they had an ice machine, so we just used ice in the sink to chill our beverages. The next day when we got back to the room, the housekeeping staff had brought in a cooler and it was filled with ice. We never asked, they just noticed the not so great way we were chilling our drinks. I was very impressed by that. That's what I call great customer service. Going above and beyond. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Sushi Jo across the street is very good. Service was so so, but the sushi made up for that.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel for 3 nights, starting the 31st of December, 2012 with departure on the 2nd of January, 2013. Our first night was OK but when we came back from the beach to get dressed for our New Years eve party, imagine our surprise when we found our bed unmade, no clean towels and the room had not been cleaned. Not something you want to deal with on New Years eve but we tried to so that at least we would have a made up bed to return to. Unfortunately no staff could be found at the front desk. We were left with no option but to go to a friends house to bath and change. We immediately left, we could not check out as there was no one there to check us out. We relayed this information to Hotels.com who promised to take it up with the manager when he returned this they did not do and told us we would get no refund. I would highly recommend anyone not to use Hotel.com as once they have your booking tough luck if its not what you expected as for Hotel Biba, definatyely needs new management.

Room Tip: Don't use Hotel.com
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RICHARD W
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We arrived about 9pm after a long flight, and a drive from Miami airport,to be greeted warmly by the receptionist and very quickly given our rooms, we had booked 2 king garden rooms, and were not disappointed, they were simply but chic furnished, very spacious, with very nice bathrooms, crisp white bedding, comfy bed, fluffy white towels, and spotless. (I completely agree that a chest of drawers is needed)as the wardrobe only as one shelf in it. Breakfast was lovely, good choice of cereals, jugs of milk, orange juice, coffee, tea, bagels, croissants, cheese, yogurts, fresh fruit, all served and replenished by a lovely girl. Breakfast is taken in the garden which is pleasant, only once did we have to eat inside in the bar area, because the weather was cool. We didn't use the pool but it looked fine. We did hear the train on the first night but not after that, so that want a problem. All in all a very pleasant 7 nights, would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a garden room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Congers, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel Biba was perfect for my stay as I was traveling alone. The staff was friendly and helpful. My first room was a little tired looking and smelled musty and a/c very noisy but the hotel gave me a new room with a brand new a/c which was clean and comfortable. When I arrived at the hotel it was hard to find at night and I had to call hotel for more specific directions. Better lighting on the sign would be helpful. Contiental breakfast which was included was perfect and easy. Since the owners seem to be in the process of renovating, I would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

First off I should say that I own my own boutique guesthouse in Key West. I have a more profound understanding of what people expect from their hotel stay and also know how difficult some people are to please. This was my second stay at that Biba Hotel and once again I was pleased. Don't stay here expecting a high end, over the top decorated full service hotel....the Biba is not that. What it IS is wonderful, quirky, converted motor inn of yesteryears utilizing fun bright colors and simple concept designs to make the most of the small rooms. This isn't a luxurious place but neither are the prices.....so those that can't appreciate the esthetic that the owners/operators have brought here won't understand. The rooms are simple, the floors are TERAZZO which are somewhat unique to Florida so for people that haven't traveled much these may be a mystery (someone called them old kitchen floors LOL, but the fact is the owners should be commended for preserving these original floors, not criticized!!!) These floors are easy to keep clean and stay cool....very important when you live in Florida. My own home has this type of original flooring throughout and I wouldn't dream of destroying them or covering them with carpet. Speaking of clean....the room was immaculate, even by my standards. They provide everything you could need unless your one of those guests that like to steal towels and hoard amenities. The staff is professional, kind and helpful. The location is perfect and considering that the surrounding area is very pricey again you can't beat the rate for what you get. We stayed in a queen room for $124 for the night. They don't have room service or a restaurant so the stars are not applicable for that though I did give stars for "restaurant" based on the simple AND included breakfast which is more than satisfactory: coffee, tea, yogurt, croissants, bagels, pastries, juices, cereals and organic fruit when available.......really what more can you as for? So, in closing I want to thank Yvonne and her two lovely and helpful daughters. They are all an asset to the Biba, I would gladly employ them they lived in Key West. I once again enjoyed my stay and will
be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central

Been to Hotel Biba? Share your experiences!