“an historic motel”

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
MA
“an historic motel”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Hotel Biba was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were quirky, but comfortable. The staff was great, the pool refreshing, and we learned that the hotel was on the national register. Martin Luther King had stayed there. It was only two miles from West Palm Beach airport so that if someone is looking for an inexpensive alternative to the 'chain' motels with a little more character, this is a great option. They ever had a continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank carladyMa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We only stayed her for one night, we arrived at night and left in the morning, but it was lovely. The beds were so comfy, the rooms were really clean, bathroom too. It has a nice style to it which made it even better. The breakfast is also nice, it is continental and you help yourself but there was lots to choose from. Would recommend, West Palm beach is also amazing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
fife scotland
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for one night heading back up to orlando from miami beautiful place to stay the rooms were lovely and also the pool area and breakfast was included. Its only a 5 min drive over to palm beach which you have to do its beautiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I'm from west palm and had always been curious about staying at Biba, so after moving up north and needing to stay somewhere for a visit, I got my chance. The area of west palm itself is VERY patchy when it comes to good and bad areas, but I love the historic district so I would certainly recommend it for the location.
I got the room for an average of $65/night and would hope that no one would ever pay more for that place in their life. The only thing that sets it apart from your average not so great hotel is a cute paint job and a more comfortable than your average motel bed. There's no fridge, no microwave, no room service, no hot tub, I never once saw the bar actually open except to give out the bagels and coffee for breakfast. All 3 staff members that I had an interaction with, were all the rudest of rude to me. It was a clean room and they gave me the room with a bathtub that I requested but after all of the billing errors, rudeness, and lack of amenities, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Libbygerl

Travelers are raving about these West Palm Beach hotels

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had a delightful stay at Hotel Biba last week and will definitely book a room there again if I'm ever in the West Palm Beach Area. My room was huge! It felt like I was staying in a studio apartment. It was simply decorated but I actually like the "less is more" ambiance. The bathroom was nice and clean. The Bath and Body Works products and hair dryer were a nice touch. The shower was large enough for me and the mirrors and lighting were awesome. My King Size bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to get up! There was a flat screen Samsung TV mounted on the wall right in front of the bed which made wathching late night episiodes of "Trading Spouses" a breeze.The pool was clean, heated and well maintained. Walking to my room felt like I was strolling through my own little secluded rainforest paradise. I didn't make it to their breakfast service but I'm sure it was just as wonderful as the rest of my stay. The staff was very kind and helpful. Special compliments to Yvonne who went out of her way to make me feel welcomed.

I highly recommend Hotel Biba!

Room Tip: Try to book a remodeled room. The regular rooms (the one I stayed in) are nice but the remodeled roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Imax1
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here only for a night and I am glad we chose Hotel Biba.The look of the hotel was different and nice, rooms were neat and clean and the breakfast room and the breakfast were great ! We will surely stay here if I go to West Palm beach again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Even though my family and I were there for only three days (a last minute kinda of thing), it was a nice place to relax. I'm guessing they got new tvs because I COULD CHANGE THE CHANNEL WITH MY HANDS. The shower could fit three people and most importantly, the rooms were CLEAN. The area in general I guess could be a little nicer, from a visual stand point, but all in all, it was a nice simple stay

Room Tip: It seems like they are completely re-doing the place so try and get a new room, they're sweet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan K
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#2 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#7 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West ...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Central Airport
Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Cent...
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to Hotel Biba? Share your experiences!