“Half decent motel that thinks they should charge more due to cute paint.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Biba

Hotel Biba
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Horsham, Pennsylvania
“Half decent motel that thinks they should charge more due to cute paint.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I'm from west palm and had always been curious about staying at Biba, so after moving up north and needing to stay somewhere for a visit, I got my chance. The area of west palm itself is VERY patchy when it comes to good and bad areas, but I love the historic district so I would certainly recommend it for the location.
I got the room for an average of $65/night and would hope that no one would ever pay more for that place in their life. The only thing that sets it apart from your average not so great hotel is a cute paint job and a more comfortable than your average motel bed. There's no fridge, no microwave, no room service, no hot tub, I never once saw the bar actually open except to give out the bagels and coffee for breakfast. All 3 staff members that I had an interaction with, were all the rudest of rude to me. It was a clean room and they gave me the room with a bathtub that I requested but after all of the billing errors, rudeness, and lack of amenities, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Libbygerl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had a delightful stay at Hotel Biba last week and will definitely book a room there again if I'm ever in the West Palm Beach Area. My room was huge! It felt like I was staying in a studio apartment. It was simply decorated but I actually like the "less is more" ambiance. The bathroom was nice and clean. The Bath and Body Works products and hair dryer were a nice touch. The shower was large enough for me and the mirrors and lighting were awesome. My King Size bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to get up! There was a flat screen Samsung TV mounted on the wall right in front of the bed which made wathching late night episiodes of "Trading Spouses" a breeze.The pool was clean, heated and well maintained. Walking to my room felt like I was strolling through my own little secluded rainforest paradise. I didn't make it to their breakfast service but I'm sure it was just as wonderful as the rest of my stay. The staff was very kind and helpful. Special compliments to Yvonne who went out of her way to make me feel welcomed.

I highly recommend Hotel Biba!

Room Tip: Try to book a remodeled room. The regular rooms (the one I stayed in) are nice but the remodeled roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Imax1
West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here only for a night and I am glad we chose Hotel Biba.The look of the hotel was different and nice, rooms were neat and clean and the breakfast room and the breakfast were great ! We will surely stay here if I go to West Palm beach again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Even though my family and I were there for only three days (a last minute kinda of thing), it was a nice place to relax. I'm guessing they got new tvs because I COULD CHANGE THE CHANNEL WITH MY HANDS. The shower could fit three people and most importantly, the rooms were CLEAN. The area in general I guess could be a little nicer, from a visual stand point, but all in all, it was a nice simple stay

Room Tip: It seems like they are completely re-doing the place so try and get a new room, they're sweet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan K
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My room was small, but pretty nice - much preferred to budget hotels (at the same price point) with gigantic rooms with king beds that are old and dingy. Upon closer inspection things were not quite as new and sparkling as they first seemed, but cleanliness was still not a problem. Nice service. Comfortable stay. Would definitely stay here again if I were in town.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor right off the main lobby area - if you want more privacy, you might...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Islamorada, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Clean, tidy, funky rooms on the edge of the El Cid historical district of West Palm Beach. Good shower, comfortable bed, good TV with LOTS of channels. Very lush landscaping. Nice pool with good ambience. All very small scale and personal. Average hotel breakfast included (croisants, sweet rolls, cereal). Was told by desk clerck that rooms are being remodeled one by one and should be done winter 2012/2013. Still funky flair, but modernizing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ilhabela, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was very surprised by Biba Hotel. Me and my boyfriend wanted a more relaxed and calm hotel, and Biba was perfect! The rooms are clean and beautiful, with modern furniture and colors, and our king size bed was very comfortable. The hotel itself is very romantic and ideal for couples. It has lovely gardens and the rooms are very reserved, hidden amongst plants, trees and small corridors. The pool was very welcome with the summer heat and the staff is beyond friendly, always ready to help out. The wifi worked perfectly and the only thing we missed was a mini bar or something to store food, but they offered us a cooler to store our things and we just changed the ice now and then. It is a quiet and reserved hotel, not many children running around and the music playing from the speakers by the pool is very chill and has a Buddha Bar feel to it. Perfect hotel for couples wanting some quiet & romantic time together!

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a king size bed and it was very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central

Been to Hotel Biba? Share your experiences!