“Fantastic wine selection and gourmet tapas”
Review of The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk
Ranked #29 of 696 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: A neighborhood bar serving a robust and regularly rotated selection of wine, craft beer, stinky artisanal cheeses, and small plates.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very knowledgeable staff, excellent wine and tapas selection. Nice relaxing atmosphere, old black and white movies projected onto a wall, soft lighting. A great place to go with friends or a romantic date!

2  Thank Carl M

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our group of 4 decided to start our friend's birthday celebration by stopping by the Blink Monk for drinks and appetizers before heading to dinner! We've been to the Blink Monk several times before and it is always consistently excellent. The guys tried two different craft beers which they described as really good and the girls (me and my best friend) had a glass of the pinot noir that was featured. We also shared a small plate which included two cheese, dried salami, grapes, pickles, nuts and grilled french baguette bread - which they happily replenished for us as the bread was gone before the cheese! It was the perfect amount of food to go with a glass of wine and beer! Our server was great and very knowledgeable about both the wine and varied cheese selection! The atmosphere is perfect for both an evening out with friends or for a before or after dinner drink! Check it out, you won't be sorry!!

1  Thank Debi P
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came across the Blind Monk and we can't wait to go back! Large wine selection with an incredibly knowledgable and enthusiastic staff makes trying new wines fun. The old movies playing and the large glass globes made for an amazing atmosphere, truly unique. Thank you!

1  Thank Endorfin27
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had seen ads for this place for a while before I happened to be nearby one evening (about 30 mins from my house) and decided to Try to find it. It was a bit hard to find....searched for address on my phone and still couldn't find the street address...had to ask people walking....it was not where I expected. But, it was worth the search....such a cool atmosphere. Unique, comfortable, great lighting, friendly and efficient service. Only had wine but the app menu looked good...

If this place was a tad closer to home, I'd definitely be there often and I will try to squeeze it in to any trips I make to downtown West Palm.

1  Thank traveltina
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We slipped in here in the early evening last night and found a place that is both intimate and grand, created by a team that clearly cares about details and knows how to polish them. Guided by the knowledgeable bartender, I had a memorable brown IPA, while my partner enjoyed a bubbly cava (that was offered as one of their nightly special drinks). We also shared a new roasted cauliflower tapas, elegantly prepared with a manchego cheese sauce that was so good we asked for something to soak it up with! Ben, the personable owner, happily complied by bringing us some toasted baguette slices. The lofty ceiling, creative lighting, and industrial design elements combined to give us a New York experience (in the best way) in little old WPB. We loved every minute. Go and visit; the place is superb, and will be even more fun when the movies (to be displayed as a design element) are on.

1  Thank JoyPartner
Ben L, Owner at The Blind Monk, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

It was such a pleasure meeting both of you the other evening. I am so happy you enjoyed yourselves! You were the first to try our roasted cauliflower plate, so you will always hold a special place in my heart.

Ben