“Amazing dive with an amazing company!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Scuba Club

The Scuba Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Specially trained dive masters and instructors escort guests on all dives to various reefs and dramatic wrecks in depths of 50 to 80 feet of Atlantic waters.
Syracuse, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing dive with an amazing company!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

This company is absolutely amazing!! They let me come over before the dive and use their pool/equipment to freshen up on my scuba skills since it had been a few years since my last dive and I was nervous. Chip took me under his wing and was extremely kind and patient with me. He gave me excellent advice and tips and built up my confidence.

The dive site was a short ride away on their boat to Breakers Reef. The water was a perfect blue and the perfect temperature. The visibility was excellent and what I saw was unbelievable... there were huge loggerhead turtles, hawk bill turtles, nurse sharks, rainbow colored fish and beautiful coral!!

I was no longer nervous, and I felt safe and secure diving alongside these guys. This was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had and I will definitely be back!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank iWanderlust4

Jupiter, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“safety oriented operator”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is an excellent operator for training with very professional instructors. They also run a very safety oriented dive boat. Generally speaking, they'll send more than one dive guide down with the dive group; one of the guides comes up with the air divers and one with the nitrox divers. The dive guides tend to check in with the newer divers while underwater to ensure they are OK and check on their gas consumption.

With that said, experienced divers might not like the underwater 'babysitting'.

The only knock I have is that the operator tends to run a fair amount of one tank dive trips and I tend to like two tank trips. However, they do run one of the few Friday afternoon two tank dives and that's the trip I take if I can get off work early.

Some divers don't like the fact that a 'swim platform' is used to get back on the boat rather than a ladder, but in anything over two foot seas the swim platform is easier to get on the boat compared to a swinging ladder. In flat seas, the swim platform is a bit of a pain.

I really like this operator and try to make half a dozen dives with them each year.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank harleyscubadude
Fredericksburg, oh
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Class act operation!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I arrived at this dive club at lunch time in the middle of the week and was greeted with a smile and lots of love. They rearranged their whole afternoon schedule just to take us out with the charter. The staff was very friendly, helpful and very polite!!
We are fairly new divers but they sure made us feel good about our skills..
The best is they were very knowledgable about the water creatures and we were able to see a lot of good stuff...we even got to pet a nurse shark!!
We will definitely be back when we return to this area.. Thank you so much for being such professionals!! Lyne

Visited March 2014
“5 Star Experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

New to diving and finished my certification with the Scuba Club Team. The staff is welcoming, professional and fun - could not have asked for a better experience and I will be back every trip I make to Florida!

Visited September 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I have wanted to become certified for many years and decided on the Scuba Club because they were the only organization that offered both in water and class educational courses. We even tried to find a college course, which is how a lot of people we know got certified years ago. We went around to a few of the other dive centers between Jupiter and WPB, as well as, looking online before making a decision. Every other dive center did 1 day in class, or option to do it on your own, 1 day in the pool, 1 day at Blue Heron, and 1 day at 60ft TBD based on conditions. There is a lot to learn and none of this seemed truly safe.

At the Scuba Club we got 6 classes at their facility. 1/2 the class in the water, the other half in a classroom. They have a 16ft deep pool that allows you to get a feel for descending, equalizing, and buoyancy control in a safe environment. This depth is deeper then the Blue Heron, I know because we snorkel at the Blue Heron all the time. By the time you go into the ocean, you have done in water drills over and over. Our first ocean dive was 2 dives at 30ft in a sandy area, making it easy to go through our drills again in the real environment. Our second ocean dive was 2 dives at 60ft, that day we were dropped over a beautiful area. We saw a nurse shark, goliath grouper, hawksbill turtle, an eel, yellow tails, and so many tropical fish you couldn't count. On both of our dives there are 3 professionals in the water with you and 3 on the boat. We always felt safe, our tanks and gear were checked 3-4 times, roll call was done numerous times. I had trouble with my ears and someone stayed with me the entire time.

If you want a safe and fun environment to learn how to dive in, this is it. You will have to read, and you will have homework. In the end a safe and awesome first experience is so worth the extra work.

Visited September 2013