“Fair Indian food and Indian decoration to go with it.”
Review of Saffron - CLOSED

Saffron
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tel. 561-616-8585 Fax 561-616-5525 Email: tasteofbombayflorida@yahoo.com
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stumbled on this Indian Restaurant while passing through West Palm Beach. I craved for Indian Food as soon as I saw the restaurant. The food was good but not great. It was also a little expensive for what was served. Service was informal and friendly. It was not professional. The waitress who brought our plates was pressing the face of the plates against her chest. She was clueless when I asked her to change the plate even after I explained the reason. I like Indian food and I would eat here again if there were no other Indian Restaurants around.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I would not come here again. I only gave it an average rating because their appetizers were descent. The Chicken Korma was too watery as was my boyfriend's Chicken Tikka Masala.

1  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We've had lunch here a few times and always had great food and service. The lunch buffet is also a great value at $10.99 pp. Today we had tandoori chicken, aloo gohst (goat), a lentil and a chick pea dish among others. The service was friendly and efficient. We'll be back.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went to this restaurant with family during the Xmas holidays and I was very disappointed. I read the reviews and thought it must be atleast good, but it was far from pathetic. The waiter in charge of our table seemed very arrogant, no smile, not pleasing nor friendly. That was the beginning to my bad experience. I have eaten in all kinds of restaurant settings and global cuisine, Indian being one of my favorite, being Indian myself. The food was the worst I have had in all my life. The only nice items were the Nan and the Butter Chicken Masala. Everything else was either bland or tasted rancid. I sure wont go there nor recommend to anyone.
This is mine and my wife's personal opinion as we are hardcore foodies.

1  Thank Prince1969
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place has no idea how to run a business. I called on NYE at 7:45 for directions and to ask what time they close. I was told they will stop serving dinner at 10pm, thus we left at 8:15 to make the 35 minute drive up. We couldn't find it as they had wrongly instructed us to go east on PBL Blvd after geting off I-95. I called at 8:51 to clarify the directions and thus pulled up at 9:05 only to be told (by the same person who answered the phone no less, the manager) that the kitchen closed at 8:30 and the restaurant closed at 9. I asked him why he told me they close at 10 and then when I called back proceeded to guide me to the restaurant AFTER the kitchen had closed. He had no answer, he only kept repeating "I'm sorry we're closed" ever so robotically, as the telephone reps do when calling customer service lines. I can't imagine they pay any attention to customer service or even the details of their ingredients if they were willing to do this. We left starving and had a real problem finding another restaurant since most others in the area closed at 9/9:30. If he had not wasted our time, we would have not driven up there, had dinner earlier, and had more of a selection. The smell and ambiance made it seem nice, yet I will never support this place. They also finction under the name Taste of Bombay III for which they have a different phone number, makes things a bit confusing as I had called both when trying to choose restaurants, not realizing the addresses are the same.