“What a night!”
Review of Cafe Centro

Cafe Centro
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Centro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 674 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northwood Road
Description: Cafe Centro is a staple of Downtown Northwood. We are an upscale Italian restaurant that offers a line of Northern Italian gourmet food featuring innovative, premium pastas and a rich selection of seafood. With its inclusive list of wines, drinks, and signature dishes, there will always be something for everyone! The cuisine is high quality at a fair price and ranged from Free Range Chicken to fresh seafood and homemade pasta's and Gourmet Pizza. The Cafe Centro Piano Bar has entertainment seven nights a week during the High Season and the Piano player starts at Seven O'clock. Our Piano Room is warm and cozy but, elegant as well as charming. We also offer dining in our atmospheric main front room, and on our outdoor veranda along side of Bougainvilleas and lush greenery and beautiful Gardenia.
“What a night!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated a friend's birthday and had an excellent time. Came early for happy hour and had a scrumptious mocha martini. Headed to the table by 6:30 & our knowledgeable server went over the specials. Service was great atmosphere was even better. Food was very good but a little priceyfor pasta.piano player made the celebration. He was great and engadged the auaudience. Yummy cheesecake for the birthday girl. We will return.

• Visited August 2014

Lake Worth, Florida
“Fun and Hip”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The only place to eat in this restaurant in my opinion is in the bar. It's very lively. They have live music in the evening and it's definitely audience participation. We've been here a few times and have always enjoyed it. The bartender is very jovial. I feel the quality of the food has gone down a little but the atmosphere allows for forgiving. Would definitely recommend it.

Visited August 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good food, great atmosphere and fun”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Love the salmon over spinach. The atmosphere in the front main restaurant is elegant and service is very good. You can also eat outside and the more bistro-like bar setting is fun and can get loud, especially when the piano bar mentality takes over on the weekends. One too many "New York, New York"s for me, but great fun and relaxing and the food is worth the noise.

Visited June 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great spot sometimes!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Food is great at this local eatery in Northwood. Some staff really shine.lunch times in front eatery before dinner set up!
Been back many times to see them.
Only problem I've had is after 3pm because they don't want you to sit where you want!
On a couple of times have walked into eat at 2:30 and headed to the front and was met with Sorry sir you can't eat in there now till dinner time.which is 6pm! headed for the back of the building and got the same response. Was told to meet and eat in the pizzeria section where people pick up to go orders.
tried to have lunch and our meeting while someone filled the coke machine with 5 large buckets of ice in 20 min timeframe.
Went down for a beautiful meal another night sat in the piano bar and all was perfect!
Walked out with 5 people on another occasion because I was shouted at across an empty Restraunt at 5:45 pm asking had I got a reservation.
there were 40 empty tables between front and back.

I will keep taking a breath and go back. I just hope they organize themselves a bit better.because it is really nice on those other occasions.wake the staff up from 3pm to 7pm please..

Visited June 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Food is good but entertainment is UNBELIEVABLE!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have had dinner at Cafe Centro and the food and service are very good. But I don't think that is why you go there. On weekends there is a singer/pianist who is a major entertainer and gets the entire crowd involved. On my last visit, I met a date at the very tiny bar in the main dining room. I wish I could remember the entertainer's name because I would like to give him credit for a wonderful evening. Not only is he an accomplished musician but he is an amazing singer and dancer. in fact, if you are a single woman at the bar or even a female diner, he may give you a whirl around the floor. The guy has charisma and you will love it!

Visited December 2013