“Fabulous evening and food!”
Review of Cafe Centro

Cafe Centro
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Centro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 669 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northwood Road
Description: Cafe Centro is a staple of Downtown Northwood. We are an upscale Italian restaurant that offers a line of Northern Italian gourmet food featuring innovative, premium pastas and a rich selection of seafood. With its inclusive list of wines, drinks, and signature dishes, there will always be something for everyone! The cuisine is high quality at a fair price and ranged from Free Range Chicken to fresh seafood and homemade pasta's and Gourmet Pizza. The Cafe Centro Piano Bar has entertainment seven nights a week during the High Season and the Piano player starts at Seven O'clock. Our Piano Room is warm and cozy but, elegant as well as charming. We also offer dining in our atmospheric main front room, and on our outdoor veranda along side of Bougainvilleas and lush greenery and beautiful Gardenia.
Highlands, North Carolina
“Fabulous evening and food!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Having just arrived in West Palm Beach for a long weekend our first evening's dinner was at Cafe Centro. It was busy but we were able to be seated outside within 15 minutes. We had a fabulous waiter, Jose, who had a great personality and was very attentive. Our meal began with wine and their delicious garlic rolls. All 4 of us had salads, which were excellent, followed by Margarita pizzas. I have to say their Margarita pizza was the best we've tasted since being in Naples, Italy. The music and singer added to a most delightful evening.

Jupiter, Florida
“Thanks to Michelle Bernstein's restaurant review TV show "Check Please" for this great find.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

2/23/13:
My wife an I just had a fabulous lunch at Cafe Centro. We had not seen Michelle Bernstein's restaurant review TV show in several months and were curious if anything might peak our interest. We read the reviews on line and decided to try lunch. We arrived at about 2:30 pm Saturday and were greeted by Jose who could not have been more pleasant and helpful. I had a house salad with a house vinaigrette dressing that my wife Mary immediately praised as far more complex and appealing than the standard fare. It was large and delicious. I had a chicken parmigiana platter with pasta and an exceptional marinara sauce. Mary had the house salad as well and an order of fried calamari that she raved about. The marinara was over the top good. Jose told us that they peel their tomatoes and make the sauce fresh; no surprise there as it was too good to come from a can. Mary had an eggplant parmigiana and brought half back home to enjoy later tonight. Contrary to another comment on this website, the garlic rolls are the lightest, best such rolls we have ever had. Mary had a fine California Chardonnay and thoroughly enjoyed. We split a Pistachio Tartufo that was scrumptious. Each entree with house salad and those fabulous garlic rolls was under $12. The fried calamari was $11. We're going back for dinner this week; Osso Bucco for me and linguini and clams for Mary. We had no issues parking but they have valet parking at night apparently. They are sold out tonight with 300 recorded reservations---not surprising given our experience. Service was good, the food excellent and the value without peer.
R. Cooper, MD

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Poor Service”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had a 6:15 reservation. Got there on time and sat outside. After 10 to 12 minutes with no one coming to ask us if we wanted a drink or not, I went inside to get a waiter. There was about 5 or 6 of them just talking to each other. Ordered a Regular soda and a diet soda and they delivered them mixed up. One of us ordered a fish dinner that was good. I ordered Liguine with clams. The meal came out and it was cold. I had to ask the waiter to take it back and give me a hot order, which he did. Lady manager came over and was going from table to table asking if everything was all right. I told her it wasn't. We ate our meals (at different times - as I had to wait). Then when the meal was done and we were ready to leave - I had to wait another 10 minutes to get the bill.
The waiter, Jose, said he was sorry but he was busy with other tables. I cut the tip from 20% to 15% and left.

• Visited February 2013
“Must go for the show food is fine”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Thurs to sat have fun fun fun piano bar with people dancing at table side,singing along with the piano player who is excellent. He wanders through the crowd giving them the mike. Food is good and reasonable. Only go with someone wanting to have fun. You will enjoy if you like singing or think you can sing

Boca Raton, Florida
“Right on”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had dinner tonight and no complaints. Solid food and nice atmosphere. Meets the expectations for a mid-scale, but family run eatery