“Tasty fare, attentive service”
Review of Cafe Centro

Cafe Centro
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Centro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 699 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northwood Road
Description: Cafe Centro is a staple of Downtown Northwood. We are an upscale Italian restaurant that offers a line of Northern Italian gourmet food featuring innovative, premium pastas and a rich selection of seafood. With its inclusive list of wines, drinks, and signature dishes, there will always be something for everyone! The cuisine is high quality at a fair price and ranged from Free Range Chicken to fresh seafood and homemade pasta's and Gourmet Pizza. The Cafe Centro Piano Bar has entertainment seven nights a week during the High Season and the Piano player starts at Seven O'clock. Our Piano Room is warm and cozy but, elegant as well as charming. We also offer dining in our atmospheric main front room, and on our outdoor veranda along side of Bougainvilleas and lush greenery and beautiful Gardenia.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a pleasant experience. The restaurant was crowded at almost 9pm which I take to be a good sign. The food was tasty, nothing over the top, but I would come back if in the area again. Our server was very attentive as was all the staff. Worth a try!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My friends who have been going there for some time suggested that we should go there. The food was decent but that is not my focus. My focus is the show. This singer came in the room and started singing and the whole room started singing in one accord. He proceeded through out the night to jump on the bar and then he jumped on top of someone's Hummer outside and started dancing untill the hood caved in and did a flip. This is not fabrication. I thought poor guy whoever left the car outside the restaurant. I thought he lost his mind but I found him immensely entertaining. I asked the waiter if this is normal and he responded in a serious tone saying that sometimes the singer sets the bar on fire and leaves in a taxi in the middle of a song. We were laughing out of control and I thought that this behavior was just bizarre. What goes through the mind of this crazed singer??? The next thing he did is he started stripping his tux throwing his clothes accross the room while I watched a women stuffing large bills in his shorts and then he gave away his diamond watch. He then dissapeared out of the restaurant and never came back??? When I asked the waiter where he went he did not know. The crowd were dancing and oblivious that the singer left. Did the manager hire him from a insane assylum? I wrote a review before on another website and the moderator thought that this was some kind of joke. We loved the singer, and oh yes the fish and desert was good!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

They have an infestation of ants and bugs. 2 out of 5 meals came out with bugs in them!!! Ants were crawling around everywhere! I will never eat there again!!!

1  Thank RestaurantRater3
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My friends and I dined weekly at this restaurant even off season because the pianist/singer is so entertaining. We generally reserve a table of 6 or more and tipped generously. The food is mediocre at best and the wine list less so. I recently made a reservation on open table for 4 at 8 PM. When we arrived at 8:10 they had given our table away and the owner and hostess were rude and unaccommodating. Clearly the owner has no formal training. the dining room is small so he can fill it and people like the cheery atmosphere but the minute he loses his pianist, the place will be empty. We will not return as we do not like being treated badly by a place we have so generously supported. So if you go be forewarned they definitely do not have very nice etiquette/service but I don't think they know any better. If you are used to being well treated, I would skip this place.

1  Thank pamela208
Reviewed September 3, 2012

attentive waiter, great atmosphere and to die for desserts. had the veal (ordered francese even though it was not on the menuas a veal dish only as chicken) It was melt in your mouth wonderful. The Grilled Calamari was amazing. we had the italian rum cake YUM. amd the hazelnut