“Good food and great service”
Review of Thai Jo - CLOSED

Thai Jo
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our first visit there and we did go fairly early (6:30 p.m.). Service was great from the hostess to our very pleasant waitress. Enjoyed the spicy eggplant and the sashimi pizza appetizer. Great location in City Place and lots to do after there after eating. There is shopping and there was a live band on the Friday night we were there.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I read some people complained about the service. We were there during lunch time and had a great time. It was our first visit there.

We were starving, so good food will make us happy, so I did no pay attention to it (service) at all. Me, my husband and our son (1yr) enjoyed tasty food there. We had sashimi box, L-Thai fried rice (chicken), and a JB roll. We asked for water, and the waitress gave us a plastic cup with a lid (with a straw) for our son without asking. I was impressed because I have to ask several times at other restaurants. Their miso soup was fine (I dislike other Asian store's). My son loved it. He also enjoyed fried rice. We were sorry our son made mess but the >waitress was nice telling us don't worry. We might go there again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The unfriendly hostess that was outside of the restaurant already made me second guessing about eating at Thai Jo, but the rest of my party were hungry so we just decided to take our chances. Boy, do we regret ever regret it! Fast forward, we ordered our food and it arrived promptly, but we had no cutleries whatsoever to eat our food with. We tried to flag down our waitress but couldn't find her (and it wasn't even a big restaurant!). So a member from our party got up and got four set of cutleries from another table. The waitress saw this as she was returning to the dining area and said "Oh I was going to get it for you but I see that you got it" and shrugged it off like it was no big deal. Well whatever, we can just not tip the waitress in the end. Unfortunately, in addition to the questionable service, the food tasted disgusting. I ordered a thai green curry and it was extremely watered down. The color of the curry doesn't even stay on the rice - it like drips off it. It was nasty. Waitress did not come by to refill our water or asked if our food was okay. The only other time she came by again was to give us the check. Never again.

1  Thank KJandPenny
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Sat outside!! It was so much fun and food was soooo good. Never do that and pleasantly surprised. Lovely addition to City Place restaurants.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We enjoyed our meal and people watching. It is nice now that it is off season and the snow birds have gone home. Service was very good as well as the food. Large portions and very tasty.