“Good food but quite crowded”
Review of Thai Jo

Thai Jo
Ranked #282 of 676 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Food was good, but we were seated in banquettes pretty close to the next person. Not comfortable at all.

Food was expensive as I suppose City Place restaurants are.

There are newer reviews for Thai Jo

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Thai Jo in City Place is a great place to go for Happy Hour or dinner. Great atmosphere with indoor or outdoor seating. Service is excellent and the wait staff are very friendly and accommodating. The Thai food is very good. Spiciness is ordered on a scale of 1 to 5. California rolls were excellent. Sticky rice and mango for dessert was wonderful, but I think $10 for a scoop of rice and some mango is a little excessive, but otherwise prices are very reasonable.
I want to go back to try the sushi.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Best sushi ...enough said !!! We actually had sushi and thai and it was better than expected with an added bonus of sitting outside.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just really not impressed with the food at all. Also is a very noisy restaurant, maybe because it's narrow & long and seating is close together.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Let me preface this by saying, I worked in fine dining for "the" hospitality giant for over a decade. I know what to expect in service, food quality and how to accommodate a guest with dietary restrictions. Notoriously, Thai cuisine is very adaptable to vegetarians and vegans. Thai Jo is the exception.
It was a Saturday evening around 8 PM, not crowded and no wait time. We ordered both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages for our party of three. We were never asked again if we wanted additional beverages during our dining experience.
I asked for mixed vegetables and tofu without the "brown sauce" which has an animal protein I do not consume. The server told me they could not do that. I changed my order to a mixed green salad with tofu $12
Upon further thought, I considered it too expensive, as a mixed green salad is only $6 (...tofu a $6 upcharge?!). I immediately asked her to change my salad and she told me, "I can't, I already ordered it with the kitchen." Keep in mind that the other two people at the table had ordered appetizers and entrees. I calmly told her, "it's okay, the kitchen will allow you to change the order." She was adamant not to do this but I insisted.
Appetizers and entrees were served nearly simultaneously. The salad was exclusively romaine lettuce (not mixed greens), a few carrot swirls, two cucumbers and two tomatos. She never came back to check on any of us or inquire why I hadn't ate a bite of the salad. Admittedly, I had lost my appetite.
The other two in my party were dissatisfied with their experience as well. The quality of food seemed under par for the location and price point touting a high end restaurant. In case you were wondering, we were very polite, well dressed and our expectations were only average. Too bad that Thai Jo couldn't even reach that standard.
With so many great Thai restaurants in the area I will mark this off the list to revisit.

1  Thank j m