“Great place to hang out and see friendly faces”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Purple Lotus Kava Bar
More attraction details
Owner description: The Purple Lotus Kava Bar is your friendly neighborhood Kava Bar (or Nakamal). Open for seven years, we are one of the most established Kava Bars in the United States. Come and enjoy the Purple Lotus Kava Bar and our laid back atmosphere, our ambient beats, our relaxing Kava and our sense of community
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great place to hang out and see friendly faces”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stumbled upon Purple Lotus Kava Bar as I was walking home from dinner downtown one night. What a find! Purple Lotus has a great atmosphere and inviting vibe. It's a nice change from the bar scene, especially if you're looking for something different - whether you're in town on vacation or whether you're here to stay. If you haven't tried kava yet, you should give it a shot! I'd definitely recommend the Purple Lotus as something different to do and a nice place to go hang out.

New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Purple Lotus is pleasant with a good, chill vibe.”
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I had never heard of Kava and had no idea what it was before someone took me to this bar - definitely an interesting experience. They brought out the kava in little coconut shells and everyone definitely got a bit mellow.

Aside form that, the vibe is super chill - couches, good music, etc. and while it's island-y, it's not too theme-y. I definitely want to go back the next time I'm in WPB...

2 Thank sarahkapoor
Boca Raton, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Great Group Night Out”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My friends and I came here and tried kava for the first time. None of us knew what to expect from it. The bartender suggested we try the original Kava to begin with, saying it was a great natural alternative to alcohol. Taste wise it is a 2/5, effect wise a 3/5. Mainly we all experienced a relaxed feeling (and a numb tongue), however this could also be from the ambient music and chillaxed vibe. We then tried the signature drink, the Black Pearl (sold to us as a treasure from the depths of the South Pacific, lol). This was a 2/5 taste and 5/5 effect! This much larger effect was welcomed by all. Our tongues became even more numb, and the giggles began as we slid deeper into the outside couches. It was a great, relaxed night out and something we will definitely do in the near future.

2 Thank humkegirl
Gold Coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A taste of the Pacific with service of the States”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Whilst in Florida I checked out this place called the Purple Lotus Kava Bar, purely by chance. It must have been fate. Having travelled to Fiji more than 15 times, my love for Kava has been restricted to Fiji only (it's a controlled substance here in Australia). So it was a total surprise when I found this place.

My first experience at Purple Lotus was a great one - the staff were warm and friendly, offering my first shell (a "taste-test" if you will) for free. Conversations ensued, as did many more shells of Vanuatu Kava. I was surprised to see that they offered other items too: a signature drink called the Black Pearl (a great alternative with a special kick), and the "Head Mod" which does exactly that...

The decor is in typical South Pacific style, the music is ambient with a great chilled vibe. Pull up a chair at the bar, grab your shell and put it down on a few rocks for stability. Or, head outside for some fresh air and the great Florida weather.

Having now been to the Kava Bar several times, I cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff, the other patrons and the sense of "community" are what really make this place. If you're ever in West Palm Beach - make sure you check it out, it's a great alternative to a night out at the clubs.

2 Thank cmaddogz