“Quality Food, Good Service”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #113 of 685 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I went there on our date night. It was our first time there. Apparently, it is a very popular spot as it was difficult to obtain a parking spot. Once inside, it took us about 45-50 minutes to be seated. The food we ordered was rather good and good service was provided by friendly hostesses and servers. The only regret we had was that they should consider a reasonable dress code. There were people there dressed as if they were lounging in their living room and the people who sat in our booth previously were dressed poorly and left a not so nice smell behind. It bothered my wife a bit more than me. If she had told me how much it affected her during the meal, I would have asked them to do something about it. Getting another table would have been near impossible, considering the volume they were dealing with. Overall, it is a good establishment, though a bit noisy.

1  Thank Ken H

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have eaten at this Longhorn several times since buying property in West Palm Beach. The bisque type chowder is good and their combination lunch is an o.k. lunch. The one thing I DO NOT UNDERSTAND is why Darden Brand's quality control people continue to allow this place to operate when there is such a terrible odor which pervades the environment when one walks in the door. It must be in the carpet. To me it smells like urine, other people have said it smells like mold, dust etc. Whatever, the place needs to have a GOOD cleaning and the carpet replaced.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We love Longhorn food and the servers are excellent but the carpeting desperately needs to be replaced or at the very least a good cleaning would help to get rid of the dusty odor. It is not mold but rather dusty smelling.

1  Thank modeville
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Beware of ordering TAKE OUT!!! We are fans of Outback Steakhouse and the entire take-out smooth routine at Outback. We decided to try take out twice from Longhorn Steakhouse Okeechobee Boulevard in West Palm Beach, FL. There doesn't appear to be an online ordering procedure at Longhorn. The person Sean, answering the phone was very good and knew the menu well. We ordered appetizers, entrees and desserts, totaling $100 plus tip. Long horn has a very inconvenient area to pick up take out orders. You proceed to the crowded bar area, to beg someone to inquire the status of your order. There is literally no where for customers to stand, sit while waiting for take out. No system is in place similar to Outback. Bobby, apparently a manager was willing to take my credit card and cash me out. He then told me he was waiting for the salads and desserts. After waiting another 20 minutes, I inquired the status of my order. Having nowhere to stand, staff needed to go around me to continue serving other customers. Finally, after being terribly uncomfortable in the crowded, area for 35 minutes, my order was ready, but was it really? I asked Bobby if the order was all there. He assured me that two managers had packed my order and everything was there. Upon arriving home, the appetizer was missing. Surprised? No. I called the restaurant, asked for Bobby, explained that even with two managers "packing" my take out food order, it was missing the appetizer. I had to ask him to credit my credit card for the appetizer. No apology. This location needs to improve their take out system and customer service.

1  Thank Melanie N
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our family celebrated my birthday on Wednesday evening. We enjoyed the steak dinners and excellent service provided by Jen and her fellow waiters. I did not notice the odor problem formerly mentioned by previous reviewers.

We all had porterhouse steaks with the delicious tabletop sauce. To top it off, I had a free Chocolate Stampede for dessert since I am signed up as a member. This consisted of 2 large pieces of cake and 2 scoops of ice cream!

The restaurant was very busy. The manager went around to make sure everything was okay. We are looking forward to returning here again.