“Been here since April! I clean my own Room!”

Homewood Suites West Palm Beach
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed June 24, 2013

"Home"wood Suites, by Hilton is just that! Extended stay "Home Suites".
Some of these guests are here for a week to a year on and off! Some are families whose childern receive life changing surgeries at a near by Hospital, others are on business, relocating, etc.
I've been affiliated in the Hotel Industry for years and it's for these reasons I feel the Staff becomes complacent!
They don't have the daily rush of A.M. Check-Outs/P.M. Check-Ins., like you would at an Inn or a Resort. The property is 4 yrs. old, but the interior looks 15 yrs. old! No one is keeping it up on a daily basis.
If the property in busy, the staff acts panicked, as if they were caught off guard! (Dinner last night 6/24/13)
Pool is nice, pool area is pleasant, but chairs and loungers desperately need replacing, has a little putt-putt area and a few BBQ Grills that get used a lot.
Monday-Thursday a 2 hour limited buffet dinner is offered. Numerous things lack in follow-threw! If you serve Fish..., serve tarter sauce and/lemon wedges etc. I really find that odd for a Hilton.
For dinner Debbie does it all! She's fantastic! She takes pride in the job, knows the guests and does special things for the kids! Debbie needs a tip jar! Very seldom do you ever see her getting any help!!! One night I offered to help, she kindly declined and said the front desk is suppose to help her when they aren't busy...., ("He" was busy sitting on the counter behind the front desk flicking his pen)
Housekeeping for our room is truely a problem!! You might get clean towels, the kitchen floor swept & tissues, but the dirty towels are still in the tub, TP is empty and no vacuuming! It's A-Crap-Shoot! Once a week...that's all we ask..., once a week!
All floors, bathroom, bedding and replace supplies! Once-A-Week!
(One night I had to go down to the public restrooms by the desk and steal a roll of toilet paper)

Bottom Line..., Can't believe Hilton hasn't revoked it's franchise.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jason L, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Greetings RoomInspector,

Thank you for your feedback about your current stay at the Homewood Suites West Palm Beach. The comments you've shared have truly hit home with us. You are a valued guest and we want you to feel appreciated. Therefore, moving forward the staff and I will address all of your concerns and immediately remedy the situation. To address your specific concerns, please meet with me so we may discuss them in detail. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable suite for every guest, every stay.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Jason M. Lillge

Reviewed June 24, 2013

It is a very nice place to stay, the suite is very comfortable if you go with your family. The hotel is well located, closed to the highway, restaurants, attractions etc. Price is very affordable for the quality of the hotel. I really recommend this hotels and for sure I will stay there again on my next trip.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The check in process was smooth and the front desk personnel was friendly and helpful. We entered our room which should have been nonsmoking however it was clear upon opening the door that someone had smoked prior to us arriving. To further exacerbate the situation the room was situated over the pool grilling area, so when someone grills that smoke smell is drawn into the room from below. We requested a new room and were accommodated after one night, to a room which was not smoky smelling.
The breakfast was a full buffet, eggs, bacon , pancakes, pastries,fruit. Beds are comfortable and the hotel itself is conveniently located to I95.

Room Tip: Request one on the non pool, non street side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We used this hotel as a layover for a trip to the Keys. It is very close to I-95. It is the standard Homewood Suites fare, but with a better than average lobby and public areas and a good complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised with the size of the room, the cleanliness, the manager's cocktail reception, the variety of food at breakfast, ease of check in and check out, the well equipped kitchen, wifi, comfortable beds and pillows.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This particular facility has deteriorated since my first visit about a year ago, particularly in cleanliness. Which is a shame, since the front-desk and breakfast staff are hard-working and conscientious.

1  Thank Olivia M
Jason L, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Olivia M.,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Thank you for the compliments on our breakfast and front desk staff. We strive to provide excellent service to all our guests. I would like to speak a little more in detail with you on areas we can improve upon to ensure we remain your hotel of choice when traveling to West Palm Beach. I can be reached via phone or email. My contact information is listed below. Thank you again for choosing the Homewood Suites in West Palm Beach and I look forward to hearing your additional feedback at your convenience.

Yours in Hospitality,

Jason M. Lillge
Homewood Suites West Palm Beach
P: 561.682.9188 Ext. 2002
E: Jason.Lillge@Hilton.com

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of our post-cruise vacation and we chose it because it had been ranked very well on TripAdvisor. Generally speaking, when a hotel is ranked well on T.A., we have had great luck, but this time we were disappointed.
We arrived much earlier than check-in, but the gentleman at the front desk was very accommodating and was able to get us in a room. He was single-handedly the best part of our trip at this hotel.
All we really care about in a hotel is a clean room, a comfortable bed, and a quiet working A/C (or heater) unit. When we got into the room, there were pieces of brownies on the kitchen table and floor. The stove-top fan was running on high - perhaps to get rid of the smell of whatever the previous guest cooked? Also, the coffee pot had been left on with nothing in it. There was hair in the tub, on the toilet, and on the bathroom floor. We should have turned around and asked for another room, but we just wanted to head out since we were running late.
When we got back to the room late that night, I called down to the front desk to ask if they had any foam pillows instead of feather pillows. The gentleman said he didn't know where to look in the housekeeping's room and that he was the only person working so he couldn't leave the desk. He said he would have them sent up first thing in the morning. Perhaps this hotel washes their duvet covers regularly like other HIlton properties, but this particular cover did not smell clean at all. Not only that but the top sheet did not fit our king size bed. Since our 2 year slept in the bed with us, there was a constant fight for the sheet. It literally just covered the top of the bed with no overhang like every other king-size sheet. We had never seen anything like it before in a hotel. The A/C unit was within a foot and a half of the bed so anyone who has problems sleeping with cold air blowing on them all night should not stay here. We had the unit on "auto", but it never shut off.
We were out late again our second night so when we arrived to no foam pillows, we knew there was no sense in calling back the front desk. Also, despite us completely taking the sheet off of the bed that morning in hopes that it would be replaced, it was put back on and we once again did our best with a sheet that was way too small for the bed.
In general, the hotel seems nice. It has the typical breakfast - eggs, yogurt, cereal, toast, etc.. We normally really like Homewood Suites, but this one wasn't at the top of our list. When I checked-out, I was going to tell the person at the front desk about our issues. However, as I approached, she never looked up or at me. Instead, she kept looking down at her papers working and said, "Can I help you?" I told her I was checking out and she asked my room number. Nothing more - nothing less. Not a "how was your stay" or "have a good day". I mentioned it in a separate review, but I think all hotels should take a lesson from the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Southside BLVD location. Consistently great customer service and a perfectly clean property.